Wiki Posts
Search

SC 4x4 brushless motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SC 4x4 brushless motors

I just picked up the Jammin scrt10 and was just going to swap my castle mamba pro set up into it form my blitz.... but was talking to few guys and they said that it probabe wasnt the best idea. I will be racing and they were throwing arounf 8 turn tekin motors with esc, also sayin all the "fast guys" are switching to the 1/8 scale cans....the mamba monster was also suggested.

For those of you guys out there running the SCRT10 or the traxxis 4x4 what are you using for motors, and what would be a decent power plant for me? I will be running 2 cell lipos, one of the tracks I run at is 100 x 200, tight turns, the other is 200x200 still some tight corners but room to nail it on the straights. Besides that the truck will be stock, JR servo, and pro line tires
Old 04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You don't need a Monster ESC or motor. The ESC is overkill and heavy. The motors are too low kv for 2S. I use the MMP 1/10 scale ESC and love it.

The best choice in motors is the Novak HV4.5 or HV5.5. Soon they will have out the new Ballistic 550 sized 4.5 and 5.5 with interchangeable stators so you can have both winds with one motor.

Speed passion makes 1/8 scale motors with 4.5-6.5 range which is also good.

Trinity has a 4.5 turn motor in the 550 size can which i guess would work well.

For me, the Novak HV5.5 is perfect. You want a KV rating anywhere from ~3500 - 5000Kv in my opinion to be fast enough on 2S batteries.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn01
I just picked up the Jammin scrt10 and was just going to swap my castle mamba pro set up into it form my blitz.... but was talking to few guys and they said that it probabe wasnt the best idea. I will be racing and they were throwing arounf 8 turn tekin motors with esc, also sayin all the "fast guys" are switching to the 1/8 scale cans....the mamba monster was also suggested.

For those of you guys out there running the SCRT10 or the traxxis 4x4 what are you using for motors, and what would be a decent power plant for me? I will be running 2 cell lipos, one of the tracks I run at is 100 x 200, tight turns, the other is 200x200 still some tight corners but room to nail it on the straights. Besides that the truck will be stock, JR servo, and pro line tires

If you go 550 - Novak HV 4.5, 5.5 and Novak is releasing Ballistic 550 motors soon. A couple of guys in the SCRT 10 thread are experimenting with some Speed Passion 4.5 and 5.5 motors as well. The SP motors have a lower kv than the Novak and turn less RPM but may run a little smoother. Feedback on the SP motors will posted in the SCRT thread soon!

540 - Tekin recommends 7.5 and 8.5 with 13mm Hi-Torque rotor if you want to go with them! I hear this is very fast and temps are not to bad!! I just got my RS Pro and 7.5 w/13mm rotor so I will be testing soon! I hear a lot about people the Mamba. Opinion/debatable depending on who you talk with...I live in AZ. and know the Mamba wont hold up to the summer temps hear!!

Good luck!