Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Venom Gambler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody ever come up with a good replacement for the complete drivetrain? I have been using losi axles with no problems, but now we ran out of venom drive shafts. I'm looking to keep racing the truck, but I need to come up with a solution to replace the drivetrain.
I'm having a friend make new outdrives for the diff so I can use sc10 4x4 drive shafts and axles. That will work for now, but I'll need to replace the diff and tranny sooner or later too.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeEBoy
Anybody ever come up with a good replacement for the complete drivetrain? I have been using losi axles with no problems, but now we ran out of venom drive shafts. I'm looking to keep racing the truck, but I need to come up with a solution to replace the drivetrain.
I'm having a friend make new outdrives for the diff so I can use sc10 4x4 drive shafts and axles. That will work for now, but I'll need to replace the diff and tranny sooner or later too.

Not yet. I have been fortunate I have not bent an axle in a while. I wondered if my first set were the first run and they made them better. I bent my first set very easy and my second set has been great. I race my Gambler weekly and they are doing fine. I hate that parts are starting to run out.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry Mike I read your post wrong. I have not had any trouble with the CVD's. I did replace the out drives on my gear diff. Try and get your hands on a ball diff they have a lot better out drives. Mine has been run a lot and the out drives show very little wear. I have switched between the two diffs lately just to try different things.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

The trouble I'm having is the lack of cvd's for sale. I need to find an alternative to the complete drivetrain. The venom axles bent or broke every time I used them, but after switching to the losi axle, Ive never had one even bend. I still used the dog bone from the venom vcd's but I have run out. So a friend is making me outdrives that will work with the sc10 4x4 drive shafts and axles. That should get me by till need to buy a diff, which I still have a couple of. Love the car, but hate that the parts are all ready rare. I did buy what was left at the local shop, so I have a small supply of parts left.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Yea that stinks! I did a search and came up empty on the dog bone. Let me do some checking with someone and see if he knows of something that will fit.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Mike,

Look back a few pages (I don't remember the exact page) but some used the Team C rear hub with a different axle. Don't know if the dog bone was Venom. Using the Team C carrier may allow for a different dog bone. Just a thought.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by twindad98
Mike,

Look back a few pages (I don't remember the exact page) but some used the Team C rear hub with a different axle. Don't know if the dog bone was Venom. Using the Team C carrier may allow for a different dog bone. Just a thought.
Thanks, I'll have to look at that more closely. At least it could be another temporary fix for now.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeEBoy
Thanks, I'll have to look at that more closely. At least it could be another temporary fix for now.
Mike have you come up with anything yet? I'm kind of curious myself. I really do like the truck I'm finally getting it to where I like it. I just hate the parts are starting to dry up.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by twindad98
Mike have you come up with anything yet? I'm kind of curious myself. I really do like the truck I'm finally getting it to where I like it. I just hate the parts are starting to dry up.
Not as of yet. The team c, ofna 10sc fix talked about earlier in this thread looks unlikely. The dog bones are easy enough to find, but the team c axles that look like they'd work look like they can only be found outside the U.S. I found team c cvd's but obviously they wouldn't work with the 10sc dog bones.

If I come up with a fix for the drivetrain I will post it. I love this truck as a mid-motor 2wd mod for a our local indoor track, and would hate to shelf it anytime soon.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Is your track dirt? We have a local indoor clay track that I was running on and I tried it mid motor. I struggled with the setup and switched it to rear motor. It was faster and a lot more consistent. But I'm not a top driver so that is probably a huge part of it.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

I said "was" running on. I still race weekly with it and the truck and driver get better each week. The one thing it has forced me to do it learn setups. I'm sure other trucks are fast out of the box but the Gambler needs some help and that has helped me learn a ton.

Are you using the stock front arms? I have thought about the T bone arms but have not really heard anyone say if they are a good upgrade.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Our track is clay and the gambler being mid motor handles the tight turns better. Most everything on this truck has been upgraded. Arms are alloy on mine, I have the t-bone front bumper and chassis support and love it. But the a-arms from them broke twice in only 3 runs so I went to aluminum. The problem with that was the front shock tower started braking, so we made our own brace and haven't had a problem since.

My Gambler is probably the heaviest truck in 2wd mod here, but it was the only 2wd that could make the triple at our track, and being mid motor, it turns on a dime.

When I first got it I tried to run it 17.5 stock, but it was to heavy. So we tried mod but it was to fragile. So most everything was upgraded. And now that it's where we(I have 2 kids that race too) like it, parts are getting scarce.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

I too have the aluminum front arms. I'm using a modified SC10 RPM front bumper and chassis brace. I broke a couple chassis a while back but after the RPM bumper I haven't. I too have modified a lot on my Gambler. I made an aluminum brace for the front bulkhead. I kept breaking it.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Venom gambler conversions

I've got a venom gambler mid motor sct and was needing s list of parts to convert to rear motor truck. If anyone knows what parts I need that would be great. Thanks
Old 03-29-2016, 01:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FlintstoneF1yer
I've got a venom gambler mid motor sct and was needing s list of parts to convert to rear motor truck. If anyone knows what parts I need that would be great. Thanks
Any luck?

Anyone else out there still running a Gambler? I'm thinking about in boxing mine and giving it another go around. Heck, it's a rare truck these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.