R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-23-2010, 04:18 AM   #91
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
have a little patience man itll make it more worth it when it comes ...allmost every hyped pre-production RC vech is like this ...u dont want to know how long i waited for my hyper 9
I still think it'll be a steaming pile of poo but I'm really curious to see what other people think and do with it on the track.
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #92
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf16731

I like this truck, many "innovative" features as far as SCT is concerned.

I like the fact that for around $200, this is what you get.

-2.4 radio (not a big selling point for me as I ditch electronics the second I can, but it is 2.4 nonetheless)

-beadlocks

-mid motor option

-CVD's! This is one of the major selling points to me, they remind me of my HPI MT2 18SS, I loved those CVD's!

Now if I didn't have a Blitz, I might actually buy one of these, but I only need one SCT and the Blitz is doing very well for me. These Gamblers do look good though.
HPI Savage- Axial .28 1S; currently for sale.
AE SC10 4x4- Tekin RX8; Pro4 4600kV
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #93
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf16731 View Post
I like this truck, many "innovative" features as far as SCT is concerned.

I like the fact that for around $200, this is what you get.

-2.4 radio (not a big selling point for me as I ditch electronics the second I can, but it is 2.4 nonetheless)

-beadlocks

-mid motor option

-CVD's! This is one of the major selling points to me, they remind me of my HPI MT2 18SS, I loved those CVD's!

Now if I didn't have a Blitz, I might actually buy one of these, but I only need one SCT and the Blitz is doing very well for me. These Gamblers do look good though.
I agree, with all the stuff it comes with especially for the price it looks too good to be true and with Venom's track record it probably is. I would sell my SC10 and buy one if I weren't convinced that I won't be able to get parts for it in a year and that 3rd parties won't support it. I'll be able to get parts for the SC10 for decades.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #94
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
I agree, with all the stuff it comes with especially for the price it looks too good to be true and with Venom's track record it probably is. I would sell my SC10 and buy one if I weren't convinced that I won't be able to get parts for it in a year and that 3rd parties won't support it. I'll be able to get parts for the SC10 for decades.
Man that is the same reason I decided to cancel my orderIf it is taking this long to get these out,parts are going to be a pain. Plus this reminds me of all the bull behind the GP1 motorcycle,even after the long wait on that it turned out to be all Hype
Optimus Grime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #95
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

FWIW, I have seen the pre-production truck race a few times. It seems like a very capable truck, at least in the hands of a pro.
E
mebolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

OK. I am moving on and forgetting this non-existent truck.

Website now says Late September or November depending on color. Must be really difficult to paint those bodies if it delays two months.

Summer season will be over very soon and by next year something better will be here. X Factory SC 60 looks good and is actually being raced.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #97
Tech Addict

I think Venom might be joining the party just a tad bit too late.

With the truck not even here yet what does this truck bring that will be revolutionary to other SC trucks to make everyone switch over? I mean it seems everyone who is joining the SC party has already picked their out. What's to make everyone wait just to get this truck, when their are plenty of trucks out already that are very competitive just about bone stock?
twigman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #98
Tech Master

"EVERYONE SWITCH OVER"
I bet Venom would be prity happy if that happened

8th scale buggies have been around for yrs now but it doesnt stop new manufacturers coming out with new ones and are they "everyone who is joining the SC party has already picked their out" apply to them to or all the other scales and models around...I dont think so.

If the venom is any good and looking at the specs it just maybe but the proof is in the pudding as they say and if it just happens to be good they will sell because they will be very good value for money.
LOSI 22 2.0/Team Powers 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Everyone who wanted or even thought about getting one of these should send an e-mail to Venom with a photograph of themselves posing with the truck they got instead of the Gambler, because they got sick of the wait and delays.

I hate to say I told you so, but I did. Typical Venom. When this thing does finally come out, it will not live up to the hype and parts support will be abysmal, just ask anybody who bought one of the motorcycles.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #100
Tech Addict

I'd consider buying one....

.....Has to be better then a Losi
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #101
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
Everyone who wanted or even thought about getting one of these should send an e-mail to Venom with a photograph of themselves posing with the truck they got instead of the Gambler, because they got sick of the wait and delays.

I hate to say I told you so, but I did. Typical Venom. When this thing does finally come out, it will not live up to the hype and parts support will be abysmal, just ask anybody who bought one of the motorcycles.

With SC being an entry level class mainly you will find newbies coming into it all the time so I dont think youre first statement really applies.
This is a first for Venom not a rehashed excisting model so delays are to be expected and happens to all the manufacturers...I am frustrated to as could be selling them but we need get over it

Interesting as we have plenty of the Motorcycle parts in stock
LOSI 22 2.0/Team Powers 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Venom is a distributor of no-brand products out there and puts their own label on it, so it's a hit-or-miss with them.

For instance, their LiPo chargers are eerily similar, if not a re-badge, of the Turnigy.

I've had some bad experience with their products, which really means, that Venom isn't QC-ing them as closely...

Their Gambler trucks did catch my attention though, but I wonder, once you have a good setup, when would you switch from mid motor to rear motor back and forth?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I had the pleasure of driving the pre-production version of the car here in Sydney Australia this last weekend, after the NSW Championships.

The truck was VERY neutral to drive, with a tendency towards slight understeer - nothing that could not be changed with some sensible tuning. The truck jumps EXTREMLY well, very easy to adjust the attitude in the air.

Now - this truck was the pre-production version, however I can honestly say that it is definately going to be superb value for money and a truly excellent introduction to newcomers to the SC scene.

With a little tuning, and a faster steering servo, this truck will be competitive with any experienced driver. The ability to change the motor location is but one of the tuning possibilities with the truck. This truck will cause more than a couple of red faces at tracks around the world in the right hands.

Looking forward to getting one of my own the day they are released - so forgiving to drive. Instead of being put off by the release date being put back - I am encouraged that VENOM are actually making sure the product is "right" before they release it for sale.

Cheers

Darryn Johnson
RETRO R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

The short course is not an entry level at our local tracks. We have novice which is any vehicle and some run SC. However we have a lot of experienced racers running the stock SC class or the mod SC class.

I think the SC has definitely breathed life into off road again.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #105
Tech Master

I really don't care how long they take bringing this truck to market"

What I want to know is "WHY" is this truck being built "NOT" ROAR legal.

Being I'm the guy that built & ran the first mid motor cars back in the
early 80's I know the mid motor is always faster then a rear motor...

The mid motor is the way to go "IF" it's ROAR legal" if it's not ROAR legal
it's not worth much to anyone IMO"

ALSO" why is no one saying if these trucks were raced in mid or rear motor
design?? Whats the big secret?? Don't they want to push their best feature
or have they not figured out the deep dark secret to making a mid motor
work yet??
Chuck 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links