Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Orion Wasp .12 Roar legal >

Team Orion Wasp .12 Roar legal

Team Orion Wasp .12 Roar legal

Old 04-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Team Orion Wasp .12 Roar legal

Im currently running an MT12 in my Mugen stadium truck right now and wanna venture off and try new motors. Can someone give me feedback on the Team Orion Wasp .12 Roar and the RB Concept X12?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Wasp .12 Roar is an SG crank/slide carb version. You'd want the Wasp Offroad or the Wasp SE for a truck. I have never driven a truck with a Wasp or an X12, but I have seen both run at my track, and from what I hear, the X12 will be similar to your MT12 (which is what I run). If you want something different, I'd say get the Wasp. Picco's are supposed to be very smooth on the bottom end and have tons of top end. I'd probably recommend the SE, as will Waldork, if he sees this thread.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

I meant the offroad wasp, which i think is called the drone if im not mistaken. Seems like a few top drivers are using the Wasp so I may go that route. If the RB wont be anything different than the MT12, Wasp will be the choice.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I used a wasp for awhile in my XXXN-T. Tons of power. Likes to run really cool, and has tons of runtime. It had a little to much power for my taste, so I set it aside for a CV.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Picco engines are great for gas trucks..they have awesome midrange power.

However, as with any italian motor, it will greatly benefit from an O.S. 10E-R carburetor, and the Lunsford carb adapter.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

so the 10E works just like it does on the MT12? Aaron, how would you compare the Wasp to the MT12?
Old 04-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Pretty much all of the italian engines have the same carb inlet (I think it's 7mm?) and the O.S. carbs are smaller (I think 5.5mm). O.S. carbs have always been the best..they hold their tune better than any, stay consistent through the whole race, and make the engine easier to handle.

All Picco .12's have been known for their midrange power; these engines are unbelieveable when the truck is loaded into the face of a jump and you're accelerating up the face. Many people complain their Picco engines don't feel very "tight" when giving the engine a pinch test..but they seal very well when at running temperature.

In comparison, an MT12 is nearly undriveable. The engine makes gobs of power at all the wrong places, which leads to major wheelspin in a gas truck. Rear-exhaust motors are better suited to on-road.

The NovaRossi CX12R2N is a completely different story; that is the most power you can comfortably drive in a gas truck, but it's overkill for anyone who's last name isn't Drake or Cavalieri..haha