Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage flux Hpi broken :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Savage flux Hpi broken :(

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you had a problem with your rear diffs (The part for your rear tires to turn) Cuz at 1st i took it for a run the pinion gear came off then once i did that i was excited to go run it but when i started doing backflips i started feeling really slow then i chek and only my front tires were moving so i was really mad that my car broke again. HPI will send us new diffs but it will be a while can someone tell me if any other parts may get broken so i know and ill watch wat i do plz thanks

Savage Flux HPI
Ofna buggy
Slash 4x4
Stampede VXL
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

man buy the bulletprof diff kit ,this the weak spot the diff!!

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102692/
Old 04-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killermmn
man buy the bulletprof diff kit ,this the weak spot the diff!!

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102692/
That is what HPI will send him (for free) after he e-mails the picture of his broken standard diffs. I went through this a couple of weeks ago.

The only other problem I have had with mine so far has been the slipper pad wearing out really quick. It might be a good idea to pick up a spare or two. I also ordered spares of all of the plastic parts (arms, c-hubs, uprights) just because when I do break one I don't want to have to wait to get one. Be sure to check out TCS Crawlers for your savage parts.

Here is a picture of the two different diffs for comparison. The bullet proof diff is on the left and the standard is on the right.