Wiki Posts
Search

Eurgle LiPos

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Eurgle LiPos

Has anyone ever used a Eurgle brand LiPo battery? I'm looking at this battery on ebay right now...
The low price isn't too suspicious considering there's plenty of brands like Turnigy that sell perfectly good products for these sorts of prices. What sort of concerns me is that nobody seems to be talking about the batteries on the internet (can't tell whether that's a good thing or a bad thing). If anyone has any info on these batteries I'd love to hear it
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like a Zippy Variant. Since there are only a couple places on Earth that make these things, its understandable a few "Off Brands" would pop up with similar products. Try one, what have you got to lose.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have never tried the Eurgle brand, but I have purchased several cheap lipos from ebay. Most of them perform great, but a few of them have problems staying balanced. If I balance charge them very slowly they will equal up, then if I run them more than 50% down I find they are always about 0.3V off, then I have to slowly balance them to use again. With my Hobbycity packs I can run them hard all the way to cutoff without coming out of balance.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok thanks for the info guys
Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Eurgal LIPO

Did you ever purchase that Eurgle Lipo? If so, did you ever figure out the polarity of the battery? I have one and I'm afraid to charge it because there isn't any indication of which pole is positive or negative.

Anyone know a good way of determining the polarity of a LIPO battery?

Last edited by ConciliumDesign; 05-15-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ConciliumDesign
Did you ever purchase that Eurgle Lipo? If so, did you ever figure out the polarity of the battery? I have one and I'm afraid to charge it because there isn't any indication of which pole is positive or negative.
Nope I went with a Zippy (Which is doing great so far btw). As for your issue, you should really have a voltmeter. If you have one, it will likely indicate the polarity by displaying either + or - voltage. If you don't, you could try hooking something up to it that only works with a certain polarity. For example, if you had an LED that worked off 7.4v (you could wire 2 LEDs in series), you could try hooking it up both ways - whichever way made it light up would tell you + and -.