Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated RC10 B4 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Associated RC10 B4 RTR

Hey guys,

I recently bought a B4 race spec RTR just to mess around with in my yard. But now I want to get into some racing and I was just wondering if this is a good car to start out with (never raced before on track) and will it need any obvious upgrades before I start racing.
Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

The only thing I would upgrade are the FRONT tires. The rear tires are great on this car, and I would get some extra gears depending on how hot your motor gets at a track. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with this car!!! (my friend has one, and now I'm going to get one because its the real deal)
Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it is a great car and the only upgrade you should get is tires to match your track surface. Not many people race brushed motors anymore but it is capable until you can make the switch to BL power.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bschanz
it is a great car and the only upgrade you should get is tires to match your track surface. Not many people race brushed motors anymore but it is capable until you can make the switch to BL power.
they make the RTR in brushed and brushless versions
Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike881
they make the RTR in brushed and brushless versions
Mike, I may be misinformed but he said he bought the Race Spec RTR and the only one that AE makes now with BL in an RTR is the B4.1 or T4.1. He still has a very decent car for club racing as is and it comes to life with BL power and some mods to handle the power. I have a little weight in the front and the rear end of mine and replaced the stock diff gear with an AE GT2 metal diff gear because I am running Lipo and a high Kv Bl motor.

You might want to consider the FT threaded body shocks and they usually can be had used on ebay for a reasonable price. Other than that, it is a good idea to get some front arms cause a solid wreck can break them. I think RPM has good ones although I am still on the original front arms and have a set of AE replacements. I did break a rear arm though on a hard landing. Shock rebuild kits are cheap and useful and alternatives for shock oil and springs are always useful. Other than that, replace what you break with better stuff if possible. I have broken a couple ball cups and replaced them with Rpm cups. I have also broken a turnbuckle and replaced them with the FT turnbuckles. I was hit pretty hard once and bent the right rear dogbone and broke the right rear hub so I upgraded to Cvd's and new rear hubs/bearings and spacers. I have yet to break shock towers but from what others have said they are good to have in the box in case you need them.

I race primarily oval but do a lot of off road practicing. The local off road track's racing schedules don't meet my schedule so I am confined to oval racing and practicing on the off road sections of the public track. I am still learning to jump effectively and make corrections in the air to the car's attitude and some of my breaks have been the result of that.

Good car all in all. Good luck on the track.

Ben
Old 03-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ive never broken anything on my b4 except front arms, front shock tower.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I would suggest a springset, some shock-oils (25wt, 30wt, 35wt) and ask at your local track what tires are used. On clay the stock tires are a good start!
Beside that, some extra front arms and a front tower. They break the most.

If you have this. You should be able to have some fun and be able to race!

And the most important is: look and ask the local racers they have the experience !
Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

I would suggest tires for your local track and go from there. You dont need to run out and buy a bunch of items until you are for sure going to race a lot. I have seen to many people go overboard and burn out fast just take it slow and build up a good vehicle supply.