Wiki Posts
Search

SC Truck for track rentals

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SC Truck for track rentals

I'm considering having rentals cars at my track to get people involved in the hobby and maybe to make a little bit of money later on. I would like a truck that has a low voltage cutoff esc or I can buy one seperate, buying $30 lipos is alot more feasible than buying $50 nimh's for obvious reasons. Traction is not really an issue as my track is as hard as and has as much traction as concrete. Last requirement is that is must be durable since it is a rental truck and I expect people to crash it into the pipe left and right.

I've been considering the Blitz mostly, I would buy a Slash but you cannot use a low voltage cutoff. The SC10 has a LVC but I think it may be to fragile, same with the Strke.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.palmdesertrcraceway.com/

Video on home page
Old 03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Use turnigy 4500 life packs.($30 packs)
slash w/ alum. shock caps
Then the big E-maxx brushed motors. (they will make the same power but run cooler & last longer).
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by party_wagon
Use turnigy 4500 life packs.($30 packs)
slash w/ alum. shock caps
Then the big E-maxx brushed motors. (they will make the same power but run cooler & last longer).
Never thought about that!

With the 2S LiFe and 21t E-Maxx motor, wouldn't it be alot slower than stock. I would like it to be about the same speed as the stock slash. I think I will try that instead. How would the Blitz compare to the Slash for my application?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Blitz RTR's with $20 Turnigy Lipos. If you rented them out for $15 for 30 mins of use you could make your money back in 7 hours.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamescam
Blitz RTR's with $20 Turnigy Lipos. If you rented them out for $15 for 30 mins of use you could make your money back in 7 hours.
That's what I was originally thinking. The track is located right by a major hiking trail where there is about 100 cars right by the track on the weekends and I get probably 5 people a day asking if I have rental cars, so I think it might just work out/
Old 03-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Never thought about that!

With the 2S LiFe and 21t E-Maxx motor, wouldn't it be alot slower than stock. I would like it to be about the same speed as the stock slash. I think I will try that instead. How would the Blitz compare to the Slash for my application?
I just got a 21 turn in my slash with 23t pinion and 86 spur.Its seems a little faster on top end and still quick acceleration,motor does get hot even running in grass like the 12t titan did with 19 t pinion and 86 spur.I'm still running 7 cell 8.4 traxxas battery,but have a 9.6 8 cell 5000mah on the way.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My track calls it "Rent a Wreck." You can rent a RTR Slash and get a race entry for $30. A Slash really seems ideal because of how durable they are. Even a Blitz won't hold up as well.

Maybe check craigslist to get an ESC with lipo cutoff. I sold my Kyosho ESC w/ the motor for $20.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I agree about the LIFEs being used. They will be more resilent than a lipo and if something does happen, you won't have to worry about a fire situation.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

It's looking like the 2.4ghz Slash's and the 4500 LiFe's right now.

The rent and race is a good idea, might have to try that out once club racing starts.