Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's best 2wd SC truck for racing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What's best 2wd SC truck for racing.

I want to start racing 2wd SC trucks. I don't car about money I just want the best I can get. I suck at driving so I need all the help I can get. I was thinking Blitz, SC10 or Slash.

I just got a PE slash that I'm happy with but don't know which 2wd to go with. Oh and if you can please tell me the Motor and ESC combo to get. Thanks guys.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
MDB
Suspended

Blitz

SC10 breaks to much, and the Slash you will have to spend more money to make it competitive.

Or, you can wait till the end of April and get the Venom SCX.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Forget the rest the SLASH is the best.Indoor and outdoor,street or carpet the slash hands down has got them all beat.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

blitz by far.. if anyone says otherwise they are just defending their purchase. I've owned the slash and still on the sc10 and I drove my friends blitz racing a few times now and it is WAY better inside AND outside.. nothing compares. If you can wait for the blitz ese even better but even know the regular blitz is by far the best, indoors and out.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
blitz by far.. if anyone says otherwise they are just defending their purchase. I've owned the slash and still on the sc10 and I drove my friends blitz racing a few times now and it is WAY better inside AND outside.. nothing compares. If you can wait for the blitz ese even better but even know the regular blitz is by far the best, indoors and out.
Wow I just saw that ese blitz. I may have to wait for that. Since I have two baja's and one of them have well over $5,000 in it. I'm glad to hear a few good comments on the blitz. Cux I was kinda hoping that would get good ratings.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

the kyosho looks pretty hot on the track too!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Just sucks to get parts for the Kyosho. The LHS owner is big on this truck. He said he will have parts support so we shall see. Blitz is in first right now. Kyosho and Slash and SC are in 2nd.

Keep it coming guys. All feedback is very helpfull. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

kyosho ultima sc
Old 03-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've noticed that the driver has as much to do with it as the actual truck. At my track it's like 6 slashes and one blitz. The blitz usually comes in 2nd or 3rd, it's always a driver's race.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dentman
I want to start racing 2wd SC trucks. I don't car about money I just want the best I can get. I suck at driving so I need all the help I can get. I was thinking Blitz, SC10 or Slash.

I just got a PE slash that I'm happy with but don't know which 2wd to go with. Oh and if you can please tell me the Motor and ESC combo to get. Thanks guys.
If you say you "suck" at driving, then you will want an SC truck that is more forgiving. That eliminates the SC10 right off the bat. I would go with the Slash or the Blitz. The Slash will be more suited to "Spec" type racing while the Blitz can go either way. If you are going the RTR/Spec route, go with the Slash XL-5 exlectronics/motor. If you are going Stock(17.5) I would go with the Tekin RS and any good 17.5 motor (Novak, Tekin, etc.).
Old 03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good time to be in the sport.

For the most part, all of the current SC trucks are good, w/ the SC10, Ultima SC, and Blitz, as the top 3 IMO.

I choose the SC10 due to the fact that that it is based upon the winning-est platform in the history of RC racing, it has the best aftermarket support, and of the 3 the SC10 has the best parts availability.

Associated is releasing an updated version very soon and it will address a few minor issues that the first version had and should make a great truck even better.

It's biggest weakness is the stock tires and the shocks can be a PITA if your not familiar w/ the proper building procedures.

But like I said, you can't go wrong w/ any of these trucks.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would have to say the kyosho cause i got one and right out of the box i tq'ed with 15 laps and there were other sc's and most of them were slashes sc10's and blitz's which only got 14 laps and there were two other kyoshos that was keeping up so its really up to u what u want.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am a Traxxas fan but I have to admit for pure track use I think the Blitz is a better choice over the Slash. Around my area the Blitz are dominating SC racing.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I race my slash here locally and it performed very well stock.Ive since ditched the stock set up and went castle creations 4600kv sidewinder and proline suspension with the proline big bores.It is amazingly stable and crazy fast,at times it hugs the corners like my sedan I only write this because you say you're not worried about money.From what Ive seen the slash is definitely more forgiving to rookies.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dentman

It is all about where you live and what is avalible. Everywhere will be different
SC trucks dominating in a given area.. Here the two tracks I race at the SC10
dominate every A Main in all class's..

Somewhere else it will be a Blitz,another place it will be a Slash and
another it will be the Kyosho's...

I would suggest you get the dominant truck at your local track because
there will be more drivers to help you with all the tips and tricks you
need to be fast with..

Good Luck, what ever you choose"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.