Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Any body see this problem with SCT racing? >

Any body see this problem with SCT racing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any body see this problem with SCT racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pirape
I love this class and I drive agressive and I like it that way some people get mad but I like to bump into others and I like when people bump into me
and hey I still TQ

I like the fact that in this class you have to watch your adversaries and not just the track I was bored as hell racing my stadium

and the 4x4 SCT is even more rough and I like it even more

its about time a new class emerges and brings new people in the hobby!

the spectators watch all our races and cant wait for the SCT to run because we run quite a show
which makes it very intertaining

+ 1 theres nothing wrong with, banging fenders in bumping thats what makes the class fun .

now when somebody keeps on, spinning out people than that can be a problem i have done , done before too but not purpose .

thats what makes this class fun, espially with the 2wd sliding action ! and you can drive these trucks aggesive, and push them around a bit with soft tires that is.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+ 1 theres nothing wrong with, banging fenders in bumping thats what makes the class fun .

now when somebody keeps on, spinning out people than that can be a problem i have done , done before too but not purpose .

thats what makes this class fun, espially with the 2wd sliding action ! and you can drive these trucks aggesive, and push them around a bit with soft tires that is.
haha nothing wrong with banging fenders but pile driving me through the corner is some bull and people know it...anyway I enjoy my SCT racing so I guess it doesn't really matter
Old 06-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MDB
I got out of TC racing because everybody took it so seriously, they acted like they were going to make it to the Daytona 500.

The videos that I have seen and the SCT races that I have seen, I have not seen the type of things the OP posted about. If that is a problem, the track director needs to address it.

ha no kidding thats why, i got out of tc racing and onroad together.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
haha nothing wrong with banging fenders but pile driving me through the corner is some bull and people know it...anyway I enjoy my SCT racing so I guess it doesn't really matter

yea i have seen some people do, that pile drive people into the corners but i was suprised at my track that, has kids racing in my class arent bad at driving into the corners.

i actually dont use brake going into, the corners i just slow down before the turn and than get into the corner.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

get over yourself, people like it, people race it. Whats wrong? you got nobody to play with? Don't bash a particular form of racing just cause you don't like it, find yourself a post office and start collecting stamps. When people bash a form of racing or a particular establishment it makes me sick. boo hoo SO WHAT? Try fishing or needle point ,weave a basket .....just stop crying like a baby.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

I watched a video on YouTube today and it was of a Slash Spec class race.

First complaint, if you have a Slash Spec class you should have a SC10 Spec, Blitz Spec, and so on. Or just combine them into a Stock class.

But the thing I noticed about the video is in that Slash Spec class was that when they heard the tone some deliberately turned into other trucks and then throughout the whole race there were some that kept aiming for other trucks.

People who race like that do not need to race at all.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

''hey guys, I decided that because I dont like soccer, I am going to start a thread and moan and cry and try to get others like me to chime in. I am going to badmouth soccer and its players and its rules with all its fans.'' .......well that's how retarded this thread sounds , no logic ,no courtesy to those who might like this form of racing....just crying......complaining , what do you think you will achieve? perhaps the RC gods will read your post and with the blink of an eye they will destroy every short course truck...right?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CloneTrooperMat

First complaint, if you have a Slash Spec class you should have a SC10 Spec, Blitz Spec, and so on. Or just combine them into a Stock class.

But the thing I noticed about the video is in that Slash Spec class was that when they heard the tone some deliberately turned into other trucks and then throughout the whole race there were some that kept aiming for other trucks.

the video you saw does not represent anybody......yes there are new people in the hobbie racing short course but so are the guys who used to run buggies and stadium and 4 wheel drive. Again every place has rules and those who drive recklessly do not represent anybody in this hobbie? Next time we should warn those drivers and dock laps. But there is nothing wrong with sc. The problem always appear to be the people.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My take on contact in the SC classes is simply

+side to side contact is fine (it happens) and is fun because we arent running open wheels to tangle up.

-Punting another driver is not cool there is no reason for it

-T-boning is not cool

+front fender to door or forward is fine for a little mid corner nudging.
+cutting people off or crossing lines is all in good fun

i think if you go overboard in any contact situation that you put another out you should wait for them. and give up the position you took if you took it by taking them out.

so i guess rubbing is racing in my book but smashing others purposly isnt. (not to say you and your race buddy dont have a secert vendetta to crash each other in the best ways possible thats different as long as your both in on your game and it doesnt transfer to others who arent in on the game) i like the sc class because its a nice mix fun and competition.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CloneTrooperMat

got a link?

people probably feel more open to hacking due to the fact that the vehicles can take it better than the open wheeled cars could.

That, and as the class brings in new drivers, they don't have the skills to handle the vehicles very well in a race situation.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

One thing that we all seem to forget from time to time is that we all started out as ill-prepared r/c drivers at some point. The SCT craze is probably the best thing to happen to this hobby in the last decade. I've been in the hobby since '93 and have done just about every 1/10th scale form of racing there is/was. Every class suffers from new drivers. Some tracks (like my home track) have a Sportsman or some other form of newbie class and encourage new/inexperienced drivers to cut their teeth there. Overall, SCT racing at my home track is pretty good. There are incidental contact instances that happen largely due to people getting a little excited and maybe overdriving a little bit (I'm guilty as well) but it's seldom intentional. The guys that do it intentionally don't usually last very long. The "fast" guys at our track will wait if they accidentally take someone out. The slower guys don't wait, but in time everyone figures it out.

My opinion is that the short course trucks don't really do anything well. The handling is marginal at best when compared to anything else you might race on a dirt surface. With that less than ideal handling comes an added challenge to be precise. If you are inexperienced and the truck doesn't handle all that well, the likelyhood that you're going to punt someone goes up a ton. The difference in how it's perceived by the recient is how the instigator handles the situation. A heart felt "sorry about that" with an effort to wait for the puntee or similar helps to cool the situation almost immediately.

In the end, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. Intentional hacking is un-fun but in my experience it has been more accidental contact due to inexperience that is most common.

If you don't like SCT where you race, pick a different class. I won't touch the 4x4 SCT class where I race. More power, less brains as far as I'm concerned.

CSR
Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by csracing
One thing that we all seem to forget from time to time is that we all started out as ill-prepared r/c drivers at some point. The SCT craze is probably the best thing to happen to this hobby in the last decade. I've been in the hobby since '93 and have done just about every 1/10th scale form of racing there is/was. Every class suffers from new drivers. Some tracks (like my home track) have a Sportsman or some other form of newbie class and encourage new/inexperienced drivers to cut their teeth there. Overall, SCT racing at my home track is pretty good. There are incidental contact instances that happen largely due to people getting a little excited and maybe overdriving a little bit (I'm guilty as well) but it's seldom intentional. The guys that do it intentionally don't usually last very long. The "fast" guys at our track will wait if they accidentally take someone out. The slower guys don't wait, but in time everyone figures it out.

My opinion is that the short course trucks don't really do anything well. The handling is marginal at best when compared to anything else you might race on a dirt surface. With that less than ideal handling comes an added challenge to be precise. If you are inexperienced and the truck doesn't handle all that well, the likelyhood that you're going to punt someone goes up a ton. The difference in how it's perceived by the recient is how the instigator handles the situation. A heart felt "sorry about that" with an effort to wait for the puntee or similar helps to cool the situation almost immediately.

In the end, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. Intentional hacking is un-fun but in my experience it has been more accidental contact due to inexperience that is most common.

If you don't like SCT where you race, pick a different class. I won't touch the 4x4 SCT class where I race. More power, less brains as far as I'm concerned.

CSR

one thing i whould kind of disagree, with you is about the sc trucks dont handle good , you can get them. to handle way better than when its box stock diffrent shock oils soft tires, and lowering the ride height and the body.

and you can drive them somewhat hard and be fast .

i have a slash 2wd by the way.

and i have seen kids with 4x4 slashs , that dont know how to control them lol.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tc5 man;7605184] you can get them. to handle way better than when its box stock diffrent shock oils soft tires, and lowering the ride height and the body.
QUOTE]

Sure, but they still won't handle as well as a buggy or a ST. I'm not saying I have issues tuning mine, simply that it's plausible that the people that are viewed as "hacks" might be genuinely struggling. Whether they don't have a setup that works well for them or they just don't have the developed skill set yet, it's hard to classify everyone that "takes someone out" as being a hack. There's a certain kind of finesse required to handle a SCT properly. Your typical novice doesn't have that finesse and likely hasn't got an optimized setup.

The point I'm trying to make is simply that there are a lot of elitist a$$holes out there that complain about the driving in SCT (not referencing the original poster, just saying in general). My feeling is that if you don't like the type of racing that takes place, no one is holding a gun to your head to run the class so why not look elsewhere?

I race SCT because I enjoy the scale-ish realism and excellent door to door racing that takes place most nights. There are exceptions to all rules but I have to believe that by and large, most people will have a pleasant experience with the SCT class as long as they don't expect to become factory sponsored drivers doing it (meaning taking it way to seriously).

CSR
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

The point I'm trying to make is simply that there are a lot of elitist a$$holes out there that complain about the driving in SCT
True dat! I personally enjoy when the guy b!tching the most about how he's going to pack up and go home is the guy crashing everyone out.

The KEY to SC racing is to make the A Main; I'm going to have that chiseled on my tombstone...
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Our short course is pretty serious but the problem i see is corners dont take it serious. Anyone else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.