R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Best Step Pin Tires??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/38198-best-step-pin-tires.html)

SS LS1 04-13-2004 06:46 PM

Best Step Pin Tires???

Hey guys!

I often run on a very loose, loamy black dirt offroad track and the only tires that really work well are of the Step Pin style. (no BowTie, Mini Pin, or Fuzzys on this track)

All I have ever ran on my T4 and GT is the Stadium Truck ProLine Step Pins in the past but the Losi and Trinity (TRC) both look nice too.

So my question is what is your favorite Step Pin tire Mfg? (Proline, Losi, Trinity, etc.) What is your favorite compound? (M2, M3, Red, Silver, etc.)

What is the best front tires for a soft loamy track?

It's about time to buy another set of tires so any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!! :D

Aaron Waldron 04-13-2004 09:35 PM

Losi Red Step Pins are my choice for loamy tracks. They last quite a bit longer than the Pro-Line step pins, and the larger pins will help dig through loose dirt.

Losi Red Directionals are also my favorite for front tires. Make sure you run the straight ribs on the inside of the tire for the most consistent performance.

Gabe Boudreau 04-13-2004 10:31 PM

Re: Best Step Pin Tires???

Originally posted by SS LS1
Hey guys!

I often run on a very loose, loamy black dirt offroad track and the only tires that really work well are of the Step Pin style. (no BowTie, Mini Pin, or Fuzzys on this track)

All I have ever ran on my T4 and GT is the Stadium Truck ProLine Step Pins in the past but the Losi and Trinity (TRC) both look nice too.

So my question is what is your favorite Step Pin tire Mfg? (Proline, Losi, Trinity, etc.) What is your favorite compound? (M2, M3, Red, Silver, etc.)

What is the best front tires for a soft loamy track?

It's about time to buy another set of tires so any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!! :D

I think you need to go to this website www.panther-rc.com and check out the "Step Pin" tires they sell for 1/10th scale trucks. At a local track here in Southern California, this is the TIRE TO HAVE! The track you you are describing is very similar to the one I race on weekley.

I recomend trying both of Panther Racing Tires "Step-Pin (Part #T-300) in Med-Soft compound, and there "Stud" (Part #T-340) in Med-Soft compound as well. For the front of your truck, use the "V-Rib" in Med, or Med-Soft if you want less steering. I recomend getting a set of each so you can test at your leaisure which one you like best.

I run at this track weekley and it is the only tire that "Wins" races there...

Hope this helps you out, and gives you that fourth option. ;)

GB
:)

KINGZJ 04-14-2004 03:50 PM

Panter steps kick butt. I won several long mains with them. I also like the losi studs they work well. Proline lugnut t are also very nice and they last almost as long as the panthers

craziracer 04-14-2004 04:04 PM

buy all of them and see what u like best
youll never now whats better till you actually try it out
other people might drive different which will make them like a specific tire better than other 1s

wild gopher 04-14-2004 08:54 PM

Gabe, what local track are you referring to in your post. I am from Montclair so your track may be the same as mine. I did go out and buy Panther ribs for the front of my Mugen MST-1 in med-soft compound. Will these be Ok for loamy tracks such as revelation raceway?

notch 04-15-2004 12:57 AM

SSls1- Try Lug Nuts or any Proline stud. See the thing is the Proline tires will fit the rim properly. I have ran Losi treads on my ASSO.. and raved. Never the less certain treads work better on certain trucks. And certain rims fit certain rubber better. If you haven' tried Ifmar Studs thats my Losi recomendation the hue would be red. For Proline its Lugs. Panthers are awesome- although I perfer to use grey bomb one in lue of their freebie foam.

coldeye 04-15-2004 08:54 PM

Losi step pins for loamy track. Red or silver compound. Panthers are a good choice as well , but I still prefer the Losi's.

Gabe Boudreau 04-16-2004 01:47 PM

Originally posted by wild gopher
Gabe, what local track are you referring to in your post. I am from Montclair so your track may be the same as mine. I did go out and buy Panther ribs for the front of my Mugen MST-1 in med-soft compound. Will these be Ok for loamy tracks such as revelation raceway?
wild gopher - The track I was describing was Extreme RPM in Grand Terrace. The dirt at Revelation is similar to Extreme, and Yes I think your tires will be fine! You might want to get the Medium compound ribs as well (for when the track is really wet!)

GB
:)