Hyper SC10 -vs- Jammin SCRT 10????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper SC10 -vs- Jammin SCRT 10????

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hyper SC10 -vs- Jammin SCRT 10????

Hi I'd like to buy either one of these trucks,doe's anyone have both and raced both? Which truck is the better all around truck,and which is going to cost less to keep rolling all season?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

i raced my Jammin SCRT10 box stock, and won the A-main aginst the.......whats the name of that other truck.....anyways stock mine was awsome. then i did the shock mod and it maked it 10 times better
Old 03-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've got a Hyper 10SC and love it. I have not had a chance to see a Jammin yet but from what I hear, they are both similar in some respects, yet different in others. THey both have their strengths and weaknesses, but both in my opinion are far and above a Slash 4x4 (sold mine). For instance, my steering on my Hyper10 is not the most solid setup, so I will be converting to the Jammin steering setup like others have done. And from what else I am hearing, there are other interchangable items between the two. A guy at my local track (not just any guy, an old nationals racer from the 80's) who saw and drove a Jammin, and then looked at my Hyper 10, said he prefers the pivot ball setup on the Hyper over the C-hubs on the Jammin. So I think it is really up to what your preference is. They are both great trucks. I was resolved to get either one, so when I saw the Jammin was backordered, I got the Hyper instead and have been extremely happy with it.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ferenczy36
I've got a Hyper 10SC and love it. I have not had a chance to see a Jammin yet but from what I hear, they are both similar in some respects, yet different in others. THey both have their strengths and weaknesses, but both in my opinion are far and above a Slash 4x4 (sold mine). For instance, my steering on my Hyper10 is not the most solid setup, so I will be converting to the Jammin steering setup like others have done. And from what else I am hearing, there are other interchangable items between the two. A guy at my local track (not just any guy, an old nationals racer from the 80's) who saw and drove a Jammin, and then looked at my Hyper 10, said he prefers the pivot ball setup on the Hyper over the C-hubs on the Jammin. So I think it is really up to what your preference is. They are both great trucks. I was resolved to get either one, so when I saw the Jammin was backordered, I got the Hyper instead and have been extremely happy with it.
I too am a fan of pivot ball set-ups as well,probably becauce of driving Mugen's for so long.I have every Short Course 2wd that is out right know, and after racing the last one I bought(K truck) I'm going to sell all the others! Now to find the 4wd SC for the season, Hyper seem easier to get parts for and a bit less pricey. A least by looking around anyway? The Jammin is a newer truck also,which may be one of the lack of parts around?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Owned both, sold the Hyper.

It's a great truck, but the jammin is better IMO. Turns better, jumps better, and I prefer the C hub over the pillow ball set up.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crawler
Owned both, sold the Hyper.

It's a great truck, but the jammin is better IMO. Turns better, jumps better, and I prefer the C hub over the pillow ball set up.
That what I'm looking for,an owner of both can tell the true differents between the two! Hey Crawler, other than the bumper have you had any real weaknesses in the Jammin?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Optimus Grime
That what I'm looking for,an owner of both can tell the true differents between the two! Hey Crawler, other than the bumper have you had any real weaknesses in the Jammin?
Like I said, both are great trucks, but for me the Jammin was a better fit.

I've broke a few of the upper A-arm turnbuckles, but if I would quit hitting the wall, I wouldn't break them.

I upgraded to Lunsford 4mm turnbuckles, hopefully they will hold up to the beating I give it.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the hypers really suck bad! I'm just messing around. you wont go wrong w/ either truck there both great, after you mod a couple things. but very good out of the box. any car you buy your going to mod something anyways and between the two threads on rctech its all been figured out and posted for you. my best advice is get a 12 pack of beer sit down and read both threads, then decide when you sober up, there is a plethora of info on both threads.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Get a Slash...

I'm just kidding. I got a Hyper 10 because that is what my local hobby shop carries and I wanted to support them. Support your local hobby shop too.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I like my Jammin truck. A real good handling truck indeed. I drove the Hyper and didnt care for the suspension setup.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've driven both a lot...and prefer the Jammin in every way.

The only drawback to the Jammin is the front bumper...maybe more my driving but one good fawkup and the bumper is goodbye...

One thing to note: the jammin cost is a bit higher right out of the box if you want to run standard size RC sc tire/wheels.

I run slash body, slash fronts, calibers/bow ties...the hyper boys I drive with can't keep up.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
the hypers really suck bad! I'm just messing around. you wont go wrong w/ either truck there both great, after you mod a couple things. but very good out of the box. any car you buy your going to mod something anyways and between the two threads on rctech its all been figured out and posted for you. my best advice is get a 12 pack of beer sit down and read both threads, then decide when you sober up, there is a plethora of info on both threads.
Now thats Funny right there....12 pack...sober up
Old 03-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I prefer the hyper. It's a great little beast! It can hold off 1/8 e or nitro buggys all day long if driven properly on a 2 cell lipo! If I've ran with any jammin or slash 4x4 trucks I didn't even know it because none were hangin with my truck on the track!

I don't think you can go wrong with either truck, unless AE releases a 4x4sc then it will be over! Lol! The hyper will hold me over until AE puts out a truck.
I have a love for Associated RC's
Old 03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got vids of a Hyper 10 laying the smack down on Slashes and other Hypers. Sadly, we haven't even SEEN any Jammins yet. There's one local that ordered one. So when they become available again, we can compare. Till then, my Hyper DOMINATES!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hows this battle played out over the last year? Looking for something other then a slash 4x4 that can handle rough back yard tracks running against slash 4x4's..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.