Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks Traxxas

I have a 2WD slash and the tranny gears and bearings are all trashed. I took it apart expecting to do a tranny rebuild and spending a few bucks to get her back up and running again. I called Traxxas support to make sure what parts I needed and also to get advice on how to put it back together. Lloyd in support answered all my newb Q's and took down all my information. When I asked about how much this would cost he said no prob the parts are on their way.. no charge. Very much appreciated

You give great service Traxxas. If only other industries serviced customers like this it would be a much better place!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I agree Traxxas support is great every problem i have ever had and i have had a few, they always get me back running with no questions asked.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I called Traxxas when my truck quit steering, just to figure out the problem.They took my address down and sent me a new servo.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I think, in general, the R/C industry is pretty good as far as customer service goes. I read good things often about R/C companies taking care of problems.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Dob
Tech Addict

Agreed. Awesome phone support when I didn't have a clue how to run my nitro. Guy was on other end of phone "should sound like this.... waaa aaaa ahhh aahhh". Found it amusing. No questions asked when one of my pull starts bit the bullet. Inquired about a $1 piece that was out of stock everywhere, and they just replaced the whole assembly even though I insisted it wasn't needed. Good people. Wish they made more race spec stuff. Would get some of my allowance in a heartbeat.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just dont call them about problems with a 4x4 Slash!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I just called last week for the 4x4 slash part number 6888 front drive hub but anyway everywhere was sold out and backordered traxxas sent me one had it in 3 days! Awesome Support!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

I e-mailed Traxxas when I first got the truck about bent axles and broken arms. I got all the parts in the mail shortly after. A week later I had gone through those and they sent me more. Last week I emailed again asking where I could find the parts I need for the Texas state series this weekend and guess what, sway bar kit, arms, and front and rear axles showed up yesterday. It could be if you call them you get different results, but my guess is it's what you call them and your approach that makes the difference.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Those are all good experiences. They obviously appreciate their customers and go the extra mile. Very rare nowadays.

At the end of our convo I asked if he could send me out an E-Maxx but he said no. It was worth a shot
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

I think part of it is that us as buyers spend a real lot of money on our trucks and in this hobby and us calling them is a sign that we want to fix our problem and stay with the hobby and i think thats what they really appreciate. So them sending us a couple bucks worth of parts is well worth our investment in their products.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by el_Fernando
If only other industries serviced customers like this it would be a much better place!
HPI does
Old 03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I think he meant like other things besides RC.

Castle is another great customer support company.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el_Fernando
Those are all good experiences. They obviously appreciate their customers and go the extra mile. Very rare nowadays.

At the end of our convo I asked if he could send me out an E-Maxx but he said no. It was worth a shot

"Hello, Traxxas support? Ya, I have a problem with my new Slash 4x4 PE. It, umm...doesn't exist. can you help me with that? What? You're sending it out FOC right away? Thanks Traxxas!"

Old 03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Nice to hear about a RC company with good customer support. Maybe Losi should take a look at this thread to see what real customer support is like. I'll never buy a Losi product again. I had a brand new Eight-E race roller. After being on the track a grand total of six times, the motor decided to stop working. This was after the car destroyed a good servo because they locked down the servo saver from the factory. I sold the car, but kept the bad motor with intentions of having Losi swap it out for me, then I was going to sell it. I called Losi 6 or 7 times, but they never even answered the phone. I left messages, all very polite, and never got a call back. I even emailed them, and nothing. The biggest B.S. part of all this was just a few weeks before I got great customer service from Spektrum. Both are Horizon companies. F Losi, if I didn't have a JRXS-R that I got from a former factory driver (that I may sell soon) I wouldn't have a Losi left, and would never think about buying one again. I'm glad thier SC truck tanked, badley. Thanks for nothing Losi. That company is going to garbage, if it's not a RTR toy, Losi won't make one.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

the only experience i ever had with traxxas was my friends bullet, which was fast, heavy, and had the rear suspension pieces that always BROKE. which was enfuriating for him lol. that was at the company's infancy, of course. fast forward to a month and a half ago (from 1992 LOLz) and i wander into a hobby shop that i didnt know existed (the track at harbor hobbies winthrop harbor, IL) and i see all kinds of ppl getting it WRONG as heck off the doubles and face-planting these things into the ground....and not breaking anything? wow! so i started asking the ppl running them, and they all said yeah they are awesome, durable trucks. NOW......how about motor/esc/2.4 ghx radio/ BATTERY-3ah nimh to boot/ charger, even tho its like a cheap lil cell phone charger, its still a free charger. all this purchased locally for 250 something WITH TAX! i say bravo to traxxas! i bought one......was gonna get into touring car, and saw how much fun ppl were having with these in stock slash class, and it totally changed my mind.
and now i feel really good about buying one after reading this thread!! so thanx to all of you and thanks to traxxas as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.