Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The slash I have was givin' to me as a gift. Someone very dear to me died recently. And it was like a get well present because I was deep down depressed.
Of course I spent a few bucks getting it running.
But once I did I was so happy. This thing takes all my abuse and then some.
I cannot deny that traxxas makes good products. The slash in my eyes
is very well on it's way to being a centerpiece in RC history.
Think about it the slash was the first corr truck ever to hit the market in ages.
And bring a 2 decade old class back to life.
Without the slash getting attention and getting itself established we
wouldnt have SC10's, Blitz's, and Ultima SC trucks.
I plan on buying a brand new slash for stock spec. Because they
have updated the popular slash with 2.4 radio and 4wd slash tires.
So now the 4wd slash tires will be the next hot item people will be using on thier 2wd slashes.

Last edited by ???E-Racer; 03-13-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:12 PM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer
Without the slash getting attention and getting itself established we
wouldnt have SC10's, Blitz's, and Ultima SC trucks.
I'm positive someone would have done it first had not Traxxas done it.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Twiztid Rock
Nice to hear about a RC company with good customer support. Maybe Losi should take a look at this thread to see what real customer support is like. I'll never buy a Losi product again. I had a brand new Eight-E race roller. After being on the track a grand total of six times, the motor decided to stop working. This was after the car destroyed a good servo because they locked down the servo saver from the factory. I sold the car, but kept the bad motor with intentions of having Losi swap it out for me, then I was going to sell it. I called Losi 6 or 7 times, but they never even answered the phone. I left messages, all very polite, and never got a call back. I even emailed them, and nothing. The biggest B.S. part of all this was just a few weeks before I got great customer service from Spektrum. Both are Horizon companies. F Losi, if I didn't have a JRXS-R that I got from a former factory driver (that I may sell soon) I wouldn't have a Losi left, and would never think about buying one again. I'm glad thier SC truck tanked, badley. Thanks for nothing Losi. That company is going to garbage, if it's not a RTR toy, Losi won't make one.

Im not sure what problems you ran into with losi but their customer service was great to me. sent me parts out no problem when it was a defect in their car from the beginning. As far as losis products go i do not think they put enough time into developing them and they do have their fare share of downfalls so i try not to lean towards losi in the first place, but their customer service was great with my emails