Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Going brushless RC10T4 >

Going brushless RC10T4

Going brushless RC10T4

Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Going brushless RC10T4

Hello,

I'm looking to go brushless in my rc10t4. I would like to find a system that provides a balance of speed and torque. I want to be able to use a 3s lipo, but I've seen some systems can't handle that. Any recomendations on a system that can do these things for around $200-$250? Right now I'm looking at the Mamba Max Pro 5700, but I would like some alternatives. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Dorion
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

The T4 on 3s with the Mamba 4600 or 5700 system is wicked fast and really hard on the truck too. Tires and wheels can't take the pain for long, I had to go with 12mm hex conversion & beadlocks on the rear tires to keep them on the thing. Wheelie bar helps too. Lots of fun but expensive, stock up on spares!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you must go 3S, then 4600KV motor. The 5700 would be insane with 3S.

Even the 4600 on 2S is a little hot for racing.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks for the info.

hey Monsterbft thanks for the info. What brand of beadlock do you use for your T4? What's a hex conversion? Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first time so I'm trying to educate my self. Thanks!

jmcvicker, thanks for the input. I only bash, so the track is not a worry for me, but I'll definately consider the 4600.

Anybody with any other brushless suggestions? What's equivalent to a Mamba Max 5700 that I can use a 3s lipo with?

Thanks

Dorion
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Yep, jmcvicker is right, the T4 with 5700 on 3s is ballistic, realistically undriveable but with self control and some radio adjustmens to limit throttle you can get all thrills you can stand. The 4600 on 2s is more than enough to keep you happy too and keeps wear & tear down. I had problems blowing out the pin drive rear wheels with the 5700, can't keep the nuts tight enough. There are several 17mm conversions available from AKA & such but I used some plastic 12mm hexes from either Associated TC4(Tower) or RPM has them too. They have the same pin notch & axle diameter and fit tighter, they help spread the load over a larger area and hold up to brushless power OK. I got a set of Proline premounted Switch tires on Sixer wheels from Tower P/N#LXXUM8. I ran the 5700 in my SC10 as well and went with the AKA 17mm hex conversion and wheels and never had any problems. It was to much for the 2wd truck so I went to a 3800kv Novak motor and its perfect on 2s, very driveable & plenty of speed & punch. Hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Monster. Appreciate the help and advice! I'm going to look into the information you provided.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I had a 5700kv with the sidewinder with a 2s and if I was able to keep the front on the ground I was happy. Popping wheelies was cool at the start, but not being able to drive it is annoying after awhile. I am almost done rebuilding my T4. I am debating putting in my Tekin RS with a 17.5 or the Castle 4600kv. The 4600kv is stupid fast, but easier to keep the front end down.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why go 3s? its pointless in a T4, I've been racing and bashing my T4's for a lil over a year now, i think if you want speed go with the novak gtb with a tekin 2.5 motor, or a 3.5 novak motor, more speed then ever needed. and eventually the tranny will need to be replaced. then if you want a good offroad setup get the novak gtb with a tekin or novak 8.5 motor on a 2s lipo, has plenty of power, the wheelies will get old, even showing off to freinds