Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI or TRAXXAS or ? >

HPI or TRAXXAS or ?

HPI or TRAXXAS or ?

Old 04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
jmb
Tech Rookie

Default HPI or TRAXXAS or ?

I'm looking to buy a nitro vehicle, I'm thinking about getting the: NITRO RUSTLER 2.5 RTR or NITRO MT2 RTR TRUCK. Can you please give some input on these two vehicles. Just looking to have fun with my son. Are either one of these vehicles prone to problems?Are parts pretty easy to get? If anyone has suggestions on another vehicle I'd appreciate it. Thank you
Old 04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

There main difference between the cars is that the rustler is 2wd and the MT2 is 4wd. The ruster should be faster since it has been clock at 51 mph out of the box but remember that speed isnt everything, stability offroad and handling are also key componates to having run and racing. This is were the MT2 excels beyond the MT2 since it also has 4wd which usually enhances all areas of handlin tho it is a lil more complicated. Both HPI and Traxxas have good customer suppost and part availability shouldn't really be a big problem for either one. If you are new i'd recomemd the MT2
Old 04-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Personally I wouldnt get either of them. I'd get either a RC10GT or a XXXNT, they are much better designs. Plus all hobby shop always have a hefty supply of GT parts. the Losi parts arent quite as abudant in some places, but they are still easy to get. The GT or the xxxnt handle alot better than the HPI or the traxxas, plus I would buy the GT just for its incredible tranny! Way better than the tranny is a rustler! Bottom line is to buy either a GT or a XXXNT, you will end up being happier in the end.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

why buy junk?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

friends don't let friends drive traxxas..

haha.. sorry.. I had to
Old 04-08-2004, 10:20 PM
jmb
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your input guys/gals I appreciate it. I'm going to look into the RC10GT and the XXXNT.
Warpig, I take it you dont like traxxs, what would be your choice of vehicle? I don't want to buy something i'll be fixing more than i'll be driving.
friends don't let friends drive traxxas
I think the correct term is friends don't let friends vote republican.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

the traxxas will be fast out of the box but in like a month itll be slow and all sloped up...traxxas put a better engine in the rustler without impoving any of the suspension and transmission
Old 04-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

I would suggest buying the associated GT.. very tough and very fast... and well designed.. and if you care about your country at all.. vote for the republican president.. don't be a fool my friend..
Old 04-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

nah team losi xxxnt dominate truck the gt does good because almost all the big races with gas trucks is usually on a 1/8 buggy track which makes it have ruts everywhere and the gt is designed for tracks like that buts its all opinions
Old 04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

well, I recommended that because he said he didn't want to fix it all the time or something... and the GT is very durable.. I know the losi is more aggressive feeling.. but, you cannot beat the durability of the GT and the stability of it.. and I think that's more on the lines he's looking for... plus.. I've seen a lot of GT drivers take trophies home.. so, they must be pretty fast also
Old 04-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

im not saying the gt is bad its one of the best...it beats the xxxnt in a lot of races and the xxxnt beats the gt in a lot of races to but yea i agree the gt is very durable
Old 04-09-2004, 03:30 PM
jmb
Tech Rookie

good day everyone, I spent most of my day at three hobbie shops and had three trucks in mind(nitro): team assc. GT-10, traxxas rustler 2.5 , and the HPI nitro MT2. They all said these were all good vehicles, the MT2 being the newest and that parts for this vehicle would be the hardest to find. They said for backyard bashing the HPI & TRAXXAS are best, and if i'm going to race the GT-10 would be the better of the three. They said the GT-10 has a better tranny, the HPI is 4x4, and the Rustler would be the fastest. You guys have been a tremendous help. I thank you.
and if you care about your country at all.. vote for the republican president.. don't be a fool my friend..
And to you "war pig" here's a little something- something. There are over 600 dead soldiers, and 3,000 wounded in Iraq right now. And what did they die for, to this day were unable to link Al-Qaida to Iraq. And where are the WMD's? In case you didn't know you can't win a holy war! Since " BUTCH" took office there have been 2.6 million jobs lost , and now have the biggest DEFICIT this country has ever seen. For someone that preachs christ and a goverment that doesn't spend the little man needs to take a long look in the mirror. I believe this makes you a HYPERCRIT.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

those statements that are repeated by too many people... and you're just another on the list

meaning you cannot think on your own.. you have to read web pages to even sound educated...

those statements.. since you cannot think on your own.. are running a fine line between truth and not truth... if you have done your research.. besides the bias media and the dem web pages you read... then you'd fine their were weapons found.. of great scales of destruction... you'd also find that there are plants and labs that have been used recently to make plutonium and construct means of travel for bio weapons... and the residue of bio weapons.. doesn't this concern you? where are they? what did they do with them? are they in France?

Bush has been a good president.. nothing "factual" has proven otherwise.. it doesn't mean I'm republican.. it just means that the democratic nominee is not even close to the quality of human being that should lead our country at this time... If there were a good democrat running with good standards, a healthy background, and an even a slight idea of what the person would do once in office.. I would consider voting for them..

I don't know why you're so uptight about this either.. the blind rage syndrome I guess.. do you have a "I hate Bush handbook" yet??

I could go on and on about your brief statement.. and expand upon the idiosy of it... but, I won't because:

THIS IS AN R/C FORUM...

but, I guess the weapons that have been made are remote control..
Old 04-09-2004, 04:47 PM
jmb
Tech Rookie

meaning you cannot think on your own.. you have to read web pages to even sound educated...
Did you fall out of bed this morning? Did you ever once think that if so many people think the way I do, there is most likely some truth to it? Besides you detoured around every question posted!!!!!!!!!!
This topic is squashed.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

sorry man.. this is for R/C..

I didn't detour at all.. whatsoever.. it all depends on your definitions... I don't want to make you my enemy at all.. so, let's not continue.. life is too short.. and I think our leaders took the correct steps..

hostility in politics gets nothing accomplished at all...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.