Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 buggy shortage

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 1/10 buggy shortage

A little while back I posted about the scarcity of XXX-CR kits. The shortages appear to crossed over to the FT B4. I know lots of people have tax refund checks burning a hole in their pocket and perhaps there has been too great of concentration on other product areas such as SC trucks, and the market is simply correcting...but it seem strange to have products that have been out for years widely out of stock...any thoughts?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by BrianTx01
A little while back I posted about the scarcity of XXX-CR kits. The shortages appear to crossed over to the FT B4. I know lots of people have tax refund checks burning a hole in their pocket and perhaps there has been too great of concentration on other product areas such as SC trucks, and the market is simply correcting...but it seem strange to have products that have been out for years widely out of stock...any thoughts?
Ive seen a huge decrease in popularity of 1/10 scale 2wd and 4wd. 1/8 e-buggy/truggy and SC are HUGE. I think this is the main reason.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Companies let their stock dwindle during slow parts of the year. They're out on purpose and will likely have stock coming in soon for the regions that have racing in the summer. The last big stock surge was fall for Christmas. It's been this way for many years.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

just run academy. You can find brand new cars for like $100.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

At the "winterblast" at Albion, Il a few weeks ago, out of 62 entries, there were only 4 in stock 2wd buggy and 1 in mod 2wd buggy. It seems that the SC and truck is where the interest is.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i just bought a ft b4 nib from rcboys on ebay after seeing tower didn't have any in stock. as a bonus it was cheaper and i got a few more ebay bucks. lol

bought and paid the day before yesterday and it shipped yesterday. look around there are still more floating around.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At my local track 2wd buggy is by far the most popular class, both 13.5 and modified get good turnouts every week. 4wd buggy is less popular but most of the time there's enough for a full heat of them too.

And nowadays there are more 2wds than just the Losi and the Associated buggies.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Our track runs a ton of 2WD buggy and truck, a decent amount of SC and almost no 1/8th or 4WD. I have noticed that buggies are hard to come by.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

X Factory dealers world-wide have plenty of stock on the best 2 WD buggy & trucks out there. Very fast and easy to drive at the same time.

And we've got them on our website too.

The full Kit is coming in the next couple of weeks, so don't blow all the tax $$ just yet...
Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klaymon
Our track runs a ton of 2WD buggy and truck, a decent amount of SC and almost no 1/8th or 4WD. I have noticed that buggies are hard to come by.
This is so true. We have like 3 classes of stock buggies(30) and one class of mod ones(5-10) so our buggies are doing great and our trucks well we have around 30 almost every sunday
Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
X Factory dealers world-wide have plenty of stock on the best 2 WD buggy & trucks out there. Very fast and easy to drive at the same time.

And we've got them on our website too.

The full Kit is coming in the next couple of weeks, so don't blow all the tax $$ just yet...
Don't worry about me blowing my tax refund...because I didn't get one. In fact, I will be sending Uncle Sam more money come April 15.

As far as the X Factory, I would love to try one of those kits but I have no local source of parts except for the B4 parts. I know this is an issue with any new kit maker, but it one that is hard for the racer to overcome.

If you could get some of the major US online shops to stock your parts then that would be a big step because at least your US racers know that parts can be had in a couple of days. Another that would be beneficial is a spares "kit". I know that this is easier said then done but I think there is a a huge market for your products here.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Default New 2w

Hey there is also plenty of stock for the newest 2wd buggy and truck on the market.

The TQ RACING SX102W and SX10T we have dealers joing our network everyday and three online shops carrying the cars and parts,what area are you in?

Our car has won three major titles in only the three months they have been available,go to our website and take a look.www.tqracing.net
Old 03-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

maybe there boats from China broke down. They all seem to come from the same country anyway.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

X Factory stuff is almost entirely made here in the U.S.A. Most important, 100% of our molded plastic and CF parts are US-made from US materials. So if you want a quality US-made R/C car, there is now only one I know about -- X Factory.

We have an on-li9ne store, and usually ship the same day. Because we are the manufacturer, there are rarely back-orders.

On both the X - 6 Sq and X - 60, the parts that break most often are the AE parts, available everywhere. All 1/10 buggies & trucks commonly break front control arms, caster blocks, shock towers. On our cars all that is AE.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Its kinda wierd tower does not have any, they are just getting in shippments of the b4.1 brushed and brushless? Maybe associated is clearing stock for a new one, they have been releasing updated parts so you know there 2wd buggy program is still kicking, plus they seem to do alot of business over seas yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.