R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   any one use the new traxxas 2.4ghz radio (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/376666-any-one-use-new-traxxas-2-4ghz-radio.html)

trail rider 03-04-2010 02:10 PM

any one use the new traxxas 2.4ghz radio

just seeing if anybody uses the new traxxas radio if so let me hear about them.:batman:

diesel32x 03-04-2010 02:46 PM

I just bought on for my slash. there not the best upgrade but I hate having a great big bulky controller. From what I know, they are a good upgrade for being cheap.

armourbl 03-04-2010 02:55 PM

I used their trade-up program to trade-in the old radio for my E-Maxx for the new one. I only bash the E-Maxx, and this has everything I need without glitching issues I had on AM/FM after I put in the CC MMM motor/combo.

Could be better, but still a cheap option for 2.4Ghz.

I actually like the stock Losi 2.4Ghz system better, has much of a quality feel to it. Looking back, I would have been better off finding another one to use with my E-Maxx.

ben

JeredR 03-04-2010 05:17 PM

My slash came with the 2.4,I like it better than my jato with am radio.

Ghost Reaper 03-04-2010 06:37 PM

For bashing meh... It will work, but for racing they are JUNK!

There are a lot of options out there for under $100 you can get that have a lot more to them. The biggest issue for me was the steering adjustments. The higher end ones make the steering amazing. The spektrum for $100 comes to mind in that reguard.

My 2 Cents. :batman::spidey:

SlaminRC17 03-04-2010 07:07 PM

Ok, so the one I've got in my slash that works perfectly fine, is junk? I don't think so... And I race it, and it's just fine, without any problems. Would I by a new one no, but that's what it came with, and it works great. Opinions are great, but some people don't take everything into consideration...

Kevin

Heavy-D 03-05-2010 07:29 AM

I bought a rustler like 3 months ago and all the sudden there pairing it up with a 2.4 ghz radio.. thats annoying. and im not gonna pay almost 65 bucks for an upgrade thats not even all that good. What the hell is traxxas thinking?

monsterbft 03-05-2010 07:51 AM

Got one with the Slash 4x4 and its OK, difficult to program quickly. Bought a Futaba 2PL-2.4G which is actually cheaper and much easier to program & use, feels better in your hand too. For my bashing & occasional racing the 2PL is fine. :)

JeredR 03-05-2010 04:42 PM

It cost me 40 extra,I didn't think it was a bad deal.Also came with 8.4 7 cell and the BFGs.

gettinbrushless 03-05-2010 05:13 PM

I got one that I took out of a 4x4 slash and I run a cheap tactic 2.4 but I think the traxxas is nice but it is kinda hard to make the adjustments on it.:tire:

TD-Ent 03-05-2010 05:39 PM

Now that they finally figured out the 2.4, maybe they will figure out what an LCD screen and push buttons are next. :lol:

Do yourself a favor, pick up a used Spektrum, or Futaba. There is a 2 channel Futaba 2PL for a $100 that you can get new now. People are paying $60-70 on ebay for these Traxxas systems which is crazy if you ask me.

authorjim 03-05-2010 08:16 PM

Traxxas 2.4 for Summit

Originally Posted by TD-Ent (Post 7096710)
Now that they finally figured out the 2.4, maybe they will figure out what an LCD screen and push buttons are next. :lol:

Do yourself a favor, pick up a used Spektrum, or Futaba. There is a 2 channel Futaba 2PL for a $100 that you can get new now. People are paying $60-70 on ebay for these Traxxas systems which is crazy if you ask me.

The only reason that I did it was for my summit. That needs the 5 channel reciever. So with all the switches and servos that the Summit has I figured that the Traxxas radio would be better since it was engineered for it.

The last time I used my futaba 4pk with my Nitro revo, I had problems making it work. Even consulting Futaba and traxxas they could not figure out how to make it work with the optidrive. It's an old revo with reverse.

So what I plan to do is use my Futaba with all my other cars onroad, 1/10 nitro electric, etc. But for my Traxxas trucks Summit, Erevo, TMaxx etc I will use the traxxas 2.4.

It seemed like the right strategy, any thougts.

Jim

JeredR 03-05-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by TD-Ent (Post 7096710)

I don't really need or want a LCD screen on it

TD-Ent 03-05-2010 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by authorjim (Post 7097280)
The only reason that I did it was for my summit. That needs the 5 channel reciever. So with all the switches and servos that the Summit has I figured that the Traxxas radio would be better since it was engineered for it.

The last time I used my futaba 4pk with my Nitro revo, I had problems making it work. Even consulting Futaba and traxxas they could not figure out how to make it work with the optidrive. It's an old revo with reverse.

So what I plan to do is use my Futaba with all my other cars onroad, 1/10 nitro electric, etc. But for my Traxxas trucks Summit, Erevo, TMaxx etc I will use the traxxas 2.4.

It seemed like the right strategy, any thougts.

Jim

Sounds like you need more of an airplane radio to run that thing.

diesel32x 03-05-2010 08:32 PM

In my mind, all the other junk that comes on these controllers like the screen and more buttons, Just more to go wrong with the damn thing. I like my traxxas 2.4 and have NEVER had a problem with them. I keep buying them for my vehicles.