Old 03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

what?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
what?
set up???? what you do for handling. what are people doing to the xxx4, running limiters in the shock, swaybar thickness. thats (what)
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

TOTELL YOU THE TRUTH..I HAVE BEEN RUNNING MINE CLOSE TO THE FACTORY SET-UP. I DID MOVE THE FRONT CAMBER LINKS TO THE LOWER INSIDE HOLE, PUT 1 .030 SHIM UNDER THE BALL STUD ON THE FRONT CARRIER. I RUN ON A HARD PACKED MOIST CLAY TRACK WITH SOME PRETTY BIG JUMPS AND ELEVATION CHANGES AND THAT WORKS REAL GOOD FOR ME. STAY AWAY FROM THE ONE-WAY THAT WILL SCREW YOU UP REALLY QUICK. I ALSO RUN 20% DRAG BRAKE IN MY MAMBA 5700 GEARED AT 92/17. THIS IS A INDOOR TRACK..BUT IT DOSE GET TO BE REALLY COLD ( 25 DEG ) THIS WINTER, SO I HAD TO RUN LITTER OIL LIKE 25 IN FRONT 20 IN THE REAR. ALSO I TRYED THE XXXCR SET-UP IN THE REAR AND THAT WORK GOOD TO. WITH THE FRONT CAMBER LINKS WHERE I TOLD YOU..THAT WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF STEERING. HOPE THIS HELPED...HAPPY WHEELIN...
Old 03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

thanks
just what i was looking for. do u run a swaybar, tires do you put traction compound on the tires
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

NO..I DON'T RUN A SWAY BAR. I LIKE MY BUGGY 'S REAR END TO ROLL MORE THREW THE TURNS. I FIND THAT THE SWAY BAR STIFFIN'S UP THE BACK OF THE BUGGY. AS FAR AS TIRES..I RUN LOSI PINK TAPERS IN THE FRONT WITH BOMB 1 FOAMS..IN THE REAR ARE LOSI PINK BK BARS WITH BOMB 1 FOAM. NOW TRACTION COMPOUNT...I USE STP BELT DRESSING AND HAVE GREAT LUCK WITH IT. I HEAT THE TIRES UP WITH A HEAT GUN, SPRAY THE TIRES AND THEN DRY THEM WITH THE HEAT GUN AGAIN..SOUNDS FUNKY..BUT WORKS GREAT. MOST OF THE GUYS AT MY TRACK USE BUGGY GRIP..BUT I JUST HATE THE SMELL...LOL. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR XXX4,I KNOW IT'S A GREAT BUGGY THAT CAN STILL KICK THE ASS OF ALL THE OTHERS...ATLEAST MINE DOSE....HAHAHAHAHA....
Old 03-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey what are you guys running for batteries on your XXX4 and if you're running NiMH or LiPos how are you making them fit in the chassis?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I use lipos but the bat area needs some mods......as it is thier setup for nimas/cells that fit right in the existing frame, however you can dremel that area out for lipos...another good mod is to double up on the front tower they love to break on occasion....you also wanna replace the front main plastic block with an alloy one also the one behind it.....

Last edited by drive2survive; 03-17-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run on an indoor carpet track so my set up prob won't be any good for you
but, I found with the rear the end at full travel the rear dog bones sit right at the edge of the outdrives
so I fitted internal limiters in the rear shocks, as sometimes on a bad landing they would pop out and crack the rear arms where the rear hubs fit

like mentioned above Double up on front shock towers
also fit a aluminium pivot bar front and rear
alooy inner pivots are food if ya can get em
i also run alloy front camber blocks

One item I fitted that made a massive difference was fittitng the front LCD drive shafts, it gave alot more steering over all

also run the front diff tighter than the rear
bfast products make a great diff kit for these cars so smooth and last ages