Wiki Posts
Search

IRAQ Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default IRAQ Off Road

I saw some where there are some off road racing in IRAQ? What cars or trucks are they racing?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Tracks in Iraq

Yes there are some R/C tracks in Iraq. I just returned from Al Asad, Iraq and we built one there. We were running all sorts of different cars from slash, bandits, E-Revo, 1/16, and E-Maxx. There was about 10 of us there with cars. There is a huge track in Baghdad with a lot more people running them. There is about 5 tracks that I know about in the desert.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Iraq off road

Great! Thanks.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Any up North!

I am heading across the pond in Fall. Up north to Spiecker. Any thing for
1/8th Truggy/Buggy? I will be going with my AMB20 transponder system to build one if not.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Best off Road for Iraq

I have a 1/10 scale buggy but, it is fragile and parts are hard to find. Maybe an associated T4 or an 1/8 scale buggy would be better. Break something and it could be weeks before you get any parts. My son has a slash but, after driving the buggy I will never go back to the slash.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Truggy in IRAQ

Truggy is what would be the best.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Whats wrong with this picture?

Maybe it's just me, but if I was being sent overseas by a bankrupt government that is borrowing and spending millions of dollars a day to wage a war that should have been over the day they pulled Hussein out of the hole in the ground they found him in, I would be more concerned about bringing things like body armour,and items vital to my survival in a hot war zone, not what toy cars to bring.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laedco58
Maybe it's just me, but if I was being sent overseas by a bankrupt government that is borrowing and spending millions of dollars a day to wage a war that should have been over the day they pulled Hussein out of the hole in the ground they found him in, I would be more concerned about bringing things like body armour,and items vital to my survival in a hot war zone, not what toy cars to bring.
Really ? Thats how you help and add to the conversation ?

Any way, from other threads i've seen it sounds like its hard to get nitro fuel over there so if you not already, i would be looking at some of the electric cars or conversions.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Obviously someone who has never been in the service! If you are so concerned than why don't you enlist and do something about it instead of voicing your opinions on a R/C thread. When you have the stress of combat you need something to help you relax. We had a small track at Balad AB. It was a good track size for mini-t's.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Personally I think it is awesome that you all have the frame of mind to consider taking your hobby with you. When I stood up to go, all I could think about was essentials to survival. I completely overlooked the downtime distractions. The true war time experienced veterans know better. They were stuffing anything and everything into spare space in the conex boxes with our gear. LOL

Fortunately for me, we stood up for nothing and ended not going at all. I was disappointed, but also relieved.

ben
Old 03-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Right.. cause staying sane while fighting for YOUR freedom is pointless, right? Heck, why even buy them food? Why not just force them to live off protein powder and water for a year straight... wait... they dont need music or literature either, right?

You're a moron. Uninstall your internet.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did 8 tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan flying missions on the AC-130 Gunship. You have hours and hours of craziness and you need something to take your mind off of things. Enlist and go fight. Then tell me if you think it is a good idea to bring some R/C stuff with you! Sorry for the rant but sometimes ignorant people just piss me off. I will get off my soapbox now!