Wiki Posts
Search

Just got a new RC10 T4

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Just got a new RC10 T4

Hi Guys,

Just got the kit today, any tips on assembling it?

Also can anyone give me some pointers for gearing this truck with a modified motor?

8x3 and 11x3...... out of these 2 modifieds which would be best on this truck? and what teeth pinion and spur should i be running?

Cheers
Old 04-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The directions call for it but it's not included...Get some Green Slime Lube for the Shock Seals. And coat the daylights out of them. Other than that, ditch the kit servo saver spring and pick up the heavy duty one.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Your diff. adjustment should be a 1/8 tighter than the directions say as well..and for me I didn't like the t4 shocks. (using shims or the threaded bodies ) but get the threaded shock bodies to start with and change out your turn buckles to titanium when you build it. It will save you doing this later any way.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would pickup an aluminum hingpin brace. This seemed to be the part that snapped first for me and caused bulkhead failure.

The other recommendations are good as well, though the T4 stock turnbuckles are pretty tough as well, but for the speeds you will be doing with that motor the titanium would be a good buy.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

I'd definatly get the threaded shock bodies, and the green slime first, then the hd servo saver spring. i still have to get the threaded shock bodies, i will be getting those soon though my lhs just got some like last week i think.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Stock up on part #5407 Red-O-Ring. I have ripped several of these trying to get the shocks together. But then maybe thats just me.

As Josh said, the threaded shock bodies are a nice upgrade to have.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try switching to the blue o rings they seem to be a little better. I had the same problem untill I switched and now they have been good for two races. Also make sure you dip the threads of the shock shaft in oil or the green slime before you slide it through the assembly.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Regarding shock assembly and tearing red o-rings......

I tore up a bunch of red o-rings before I figured out what was going on. The part of the shock body that accepts the first washer has a very tight fit. The washer was binding in the shock body, and then the red o-rings would smash into bits when lots of force was applied in an attempt to seat the stack of parts.

I ended up fully seating the first washer into the shock body by itself, rather than the big shish-ka-bob of parts like the instructions state. Then the shish-ka-bob of parts goes in like butter (minus the first washer of course).

Mike in Arkansas
Old 04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got my RC10T4 coming Friday...

I've ordered some of the upgrades you guys have suggested, if for no other reason then to have better ones around when I break the original stuff, and I have a question....

Threaded shock bodies...what's the difference (aside from the obvious) between the 1.39" and the 1.02" bodies? Any advantage to one over the other? How should I go about choosing the apropriate size?

Right now I've got the HD Servo Saver Kit, Green Slime, Aluminum Shock End Caps, Milled Motor Plate and the Titanium turnbuckles ordered. Tower shows the Hinge Pin Brace to be discontinued...

I'm getting a stock motor (Trinity Monster Horsepower) till I get back into the swing of things (my last RC Car was a Pre-Stealth RC10..old school ). Any other weak points I might want to pick up a part or two for? Anybody come out with a better diff cover then the stock crap Team Associated puts out?

Thanks fella's
Old 04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

RPM makes a great slipper clutch cover.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Look at Trinity for a aluminum hinge pin brace. The T3 will fit the T4.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Oh, you'll also want to get a better tranny cover. The one that comes with the kit is one piece of poop!

You can get the better Associated one for 4 bucks or opt for the cool blue one from RPM if you like.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Threaded shock bodies 1.39 vrs. 1.02 ???? I don't know unless one is the front and the other is the back. I do know that they are differnt sizes. Check with whom your ordering from and they will tell you. You might consider picking up some pinion gears. They don't come with the kit and you need a range of them if you plan on racing to cover the aray of tracks.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

1.02's are the rear, and 1.39 are the fronts i beleave.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Josh, can you send me the setup you ran this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.