Just got a new RC10 T4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got a new RC10 T4

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks browndawg, I picked up a set of 6 Robinson Racing pinion gears with my first order (T4 kit, motor, pinion gears and leads...I'm a college student ).

Thanks browndawg and JoshR 85, I think you are right. Tower Hobbies didn't say one way or the other about front or back, but that makes perfect sense.

Thanks again!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Have you already put in the order for the monster horsepower motor? reason I ask is that these motors can sometimes have issues since they are high on the RPM side of things.

You may want to go to www.rccars.com and check out the motor suggestions they post.

For truck I think a p2k2 or MVP would work well. I have the MVP and the P2k Pro and they really work good for truck.

As for threaded bodies, honestly I never had the need. I just got some RPM clips and they worked quite well. They are easier to take off since they have a bigger lip area and they also seem to stay on better from hits.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cain..

Thanks for pointing that out (and thanks for pointing out another great RC tech forum).

I have ordered the motor already..It was 26 bucks, so I'm not crying. If it turns over and makes the car move long enough for me to get back into the swing of ground based R/C, it was 26 bucks well spent.

Trust me...when it comes time for me to go stock racing that motor will NOT be in my truck. I don't know what will be yet..there is lots to read and do....

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

No Problem.

For good pretuned motors you can check out teamparidigm (sp?) there is a link to there site here:

www.bigjimracing.com

From what I have been told there motors scream out of the box. Only bad thing I have heard is that they have trouble getting the MVPs to perform as well as there other motors. ( they do all the tricks however to the motor to get it to run well ).