Help needed. Problem with Castle Creations.support >

Help needed. Problem with Castle Creations.support

Help needed. Problem with Castle Creations.support

Old 02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Help needed. Problem with Castle Creations.support

Hi,

I bought a MMM with 2200kV motor from Tower Hobbies for a friend last December 31, 2009. Since I live in the Philippines, I had the ESC and motor combo shipped to a US address and had a friend bring it back to the Philippines two weeks ago. My friend was excited to try out his new ESC and motor but to his dismay, the ESC does not work and need to be replaced. I called up Castle Creations support and they say that since it has already been more than 30 days, I have to ship the ESC back to the US at my friend's expense before they ship a new one to me. I tried arguing to the support personnel I talked to that since it's brand new, they should send a prepaid mail to me with a replacement and my friend would just use that to send the ESC back, or at least they should send me a replacement first while the broken ESC is still in transit so it will be less down time for my friend.

Does anyone know someone from CC I can contact here so it would be easier for me to set up such arrangements? Thanks.

Kevin
Old 02-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck with that! They need to evaluate the esc before they ship you a knew one. That's just the way it works in the RC world. You will be very lucky if anything happens the way you want it to. Send it in and be patient or your going to be upset for the next month or so. I feel your pain, I spent $330 on a tekin rx8 combo, from Tower, that didn't work right out of the box, shipped it back $12.00 priority mail, got it back and it worked for about 5min, $12.00 shipped it back, finally got a new esc and it's worked flawless ever since. Long story short it took about 90 days to get a working system. Tekin made good on it in the end. I was loco for the longest time but now I'm good!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't think I've heard of ANY RC parts supplier who will cross ship replacement parts. I've ALWAYS had to send the defective one in fiirst.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
I don't think I've heard of ANY RC parts supplier who will cross ship replacement parts. I've ALWAYS had to send the defective one in fiirst.
+1

....It's just logical.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Good luck with that! They need to evaluate the esc before they ship you a knew one. That's just the way it works in the RC world. You will be very lucky if anything happens the way you want it to. Send it in and be patient or your going to be upset for the next month or so. I feel your pain, I spent $330 on a tekin rx8 combo, from Tower, that didn't work right out of the box, shipped it back $12.00 priority mail, got it back and it worked for about 5min, $12.00 shipped it back, finally got a new esc and it's worked flawless ever since. Long story short it took about 90 days to get a working system. Tekin made good on it in the end. I was loco for the longest time but now I'm good!
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
Originally Posted by 88NATE
+1

....It's just logical.

Trust me, it has been done before and already quite a few times. You just need to be persistent. They agree on these sorts of stuff as long as you agree to leave your credit card number to them, and you know someone from the inside.

If you're long enough on the hobby, you'll know some companies really do have very good support. HPI even ships out parts free of shipping without you sending in the parts. Just a picture of the damage and that's done. Actually done this twice already, once on the Wheely King and once on the Baja 5b SS, and I'm not talking about cheap parts.

And with regards to this particular item, they don't even have to evaluate. Not a single speck of dirt. It's right out of the box. Never ever mounted on a kit yet.

Last edited by Armstrong; 02-23-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck, I'll get in touch with you next time I need a replacement. The esc's are tested before packaging you must have done something wrong. Lol that's how they see it. May the force be with you!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 AM
KPitta

You should call back and try talking to tech support. I've never had much luck with their customer service dept.

I just bought an mm pro a couple of weeks ago and the bec was defective right out of the box. Called tech support, did some troubleshooting over the phone, and a week later I received a new mm pro in the mail with a prepaid return envelope for the defective speed control.