SCT Goosebumps

Old 02-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SCT Goosebumps

Has anyone running goosebumps noticed that they loose consistency and traction when about 1/4 worn? I run at an indoor clay track with my SC10. Nearly everyone else runs Goosebumps in the rear with success on this track. Mine are 1/4 worn, mainly the nubs on the outer edge of the tire from running oval last summer. Even when sauced with Buggy Grip, I can not get them to hook up, especially in the high speed sweeper. I have resorted to running worn out home siped & grooved stock SC10 tires that work much better for me but am still searching for getter forward traction. Before dropping $25 for another set of Goosebumps to try I want to know if anyone else has noticed decreased traction when the tires are 6 months old and only slightly worn? If not maybe I will just hit ebay for another set of stockers and go at them with my dremell again.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

6 months old and raced oval on them probably means they aren't in the best shape. Tires don't last forever and 6 months is pretty old for tires if you are running them weekly....
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They probably only have 7-10 heats on them. I put the age of the tires in more as a reference to maybe the rubber hardening up not necessarily that I have been running them weekly for 6 months. Other than the very outside pins on the tread is probably 75% or better. I just cant figure out why the stockers are doing better for me than the goosebumps. This certainly was not the case when I first got them. The traction difference was substantial. Different track now and some home grooving but I still figured that the Goosebumps should still work better than the worn stockers. Maybe I will have to pick up another set and see how they compare to the old set.