Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E Slayer VS. 4x4 Slash

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default E Slayer VS. 4x4 Slash

Okay. I need some guidance and opinions. I have a Slayer that I am considering converting to electric. I got a hook up on a esc/motor to keep the price down. I have everything except the tekno conversion kit. It's gonna cost roughly 100 dollars less (since I have servos,rx) to convert vs. buying a new PE slash 4x4.
But I guess what I am wondering, is the Slayer's suspension better than the 4x4 Slash for racing? I know the Slayer is heavier, which might not be a bad thing(handling, and (un)intentional hacks). I know it's going to be harder to work on vs. the Slash but the Slayer at the moment is bulletproof.

Let me know what you all think.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC10 Rookie
Okay. I need some guidance and opinions. I have a Slayer that I am considering converting to electric. I got a hook up on a esc/motor to keep the price down. I have everything except the tekno conversion kit. It's gonna cost roughly 100 dollars less (since I have servos,rx) to convert vs. buying a new PE slash 4x4.
But I guess what I am wondering, is the Slayer's suspension better than the 4x4 Slash for racing? I know the Slayer is heavier, which might not be a bad thing(handling, and (un)intentional hacks). I know it's going to be harder to work on vs. the Slash but the Slayer at the moment is bulletproof.

Let me know what you all think.
If you are worried about racing it, likely your only option is the slash 4x4, as most tracks wouldn't let you race the slayer with the slash' 4x4's. I've never driven an e slayer, but the nitro one I had wheel time with didn't handle worth a darn. The slash 4x4's are much more nimble on the track. Even if you can get your local track to let you race that class with the e slayer, you'll likely get tired of getting beat on. 100$ aint that much to get a little closer to winning some races
Old 02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Slash4, save the Slayer for bashing days.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default E slayer

I have a E slayer that i converted im running MMM 2200Kv motor with castle ESC and Max Amps 14.8 Lipo and it's to much for tranny im in the middle of installing a E revo brushless tranny with motor mount directly on tranny dont use tekno mount and yes the slayer dont handle well i put revo A arms with buggy wheels on mine just mess around with friends at home track it handles better with wider stance also sway bars is a must