Schumacher CAT SX2 4WD buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They will work with b44 hex or shueys hex
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

What a nice machine, talk about quality & it has options wow. Excellent video.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Getting mine tomorrow hopefully so I can build it for this weekend.

Great video too, thanks for that.

Side note: will the B44 wheels fit the Cat SX2? That'll save me some bucks on tires if so.
Unless they have done a redesign for the sx2. The ones that came with the CAT did not work with B44 rims. No issue with using the B44 hexes. I have from the begining on my CAT. I believe the Schuie ones work with losi Rims.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Side note: will the B44 wheels fit the Cat SX2? That'll save me some bucks on tires if so.
Cheers
To B44 wheels
Original Cat SX came with losi only friendly hex, but this is not the case anymore - they aren't included.
Get AE front hex and you'll be able to use both losi and AE wheels. It's very cheap (about $5 at losipartshouse) solution that works (oh and I belive you'll need to get shorter pins for securing hexes in - maybe just shortening the ones in kit).
Old 06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Jeff, did you pick it up yesterday? I went and got mine. This is a top quality kit and put together very well. Reminds me of my Xray 8th scale. I got quite a bit assembled last night and I think I'm really going to like this car.

What batteries are you guys running. The book says a max height of 24mm. I've got the new Acepow 5000mah 40C hard case battery because I'm doing some testing for them. The battery measures 25mm and just barely clears the main belt. I'm sure it will hit as the chassis flexes. I wonder if this will be a problem? I suppose I'll try it out and see. If it causes a problem then I'll sand the case down some. If I can get 1/2 a mm off it should be fine.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm getting it tonight, hopefully I'll build all of or most of it tonight.

I'm not sure on batteries yet, going to try and make my saddle packs work, if not they're going with the B44.

I'll probably grab some Reedy's or something from Chris.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
Jeff, did you pick it up yesterday? I went and got mine. This is a top quality kit and put together very well. Reminds me of my Xray 8th scale. I got quite a bit assembled last night and I think I'm really going to like this car.

What batteries are you guys running. The book says a max height of 24mm. I've got the new Acepow 5000mah 40C hard case battery because I'm doing some testing for them. The battery measures 25mm and just barely clears the main belt. I'm sure it will hit as the chassis flexes. I wonder if this will be a problem? I suppose I'll try it out and see. If it causes a problem then I'll sand the case down some. If I can get 1/2 a mm off it should be fine.
thunderpower 5200 50c
Any battery that is 24mm tall or shorter will work..NO LARGER
Old 06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I've read they are serious about the 24mm, 25mm hits the pully's.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bohdi
thunderpower 5200 50c
Any battery that is 24mm tall or shorter will work..NO LARGER
Looks like I'll do some sanding then.

Did you get to run yours yet? If s, how did you like it compared to the B44.

Jeff, I don't think a saddle pack will work. The battery fits under the belt and top brace. I think you will have fits with the additional wires on the saddle packs, plus it will leave the opportunity for it to shift easier.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
Looks like I'll do some sanding then.

Did you get to run yours yet? If s, how did you like it compared to the B44.

Jeff, I don't think a saddle pack will work. The battery fits under the belt and top brace. I think you will have fits with the additional wires on the saddle packs, plus it will leave the opportunity for it to shift easier.
I ran it Saturday at Ncontrol...had set the rear diff backwards (2x actually from not paying attention) like an idiot and then broke the plastic front pivot block in the main after taking the lead.
I am actually surprised it lasted that long
It is definitely smooth and the big bores are awesome...turns on a dime and I think I will need stiffer rear shock springs for Ncontrol. All I can say is, it is a different feel than the B44 which is a stupendous buggy as well!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bohdi
I ran it Saturday at Ncontrol...had set the rear diff backwards (2x actually from not paying attention) like an idiot and then broke the plastic front pivot block in the main after taking the lead.
I am actually surprised it lasted that long
It is definitely smooth and the big bores are awesome...turns on a dime and I think I will need stiffer rear shock springs for Ncontrol. All I can say is, it is a different feel than the B44 which is a stupendous buggy as well!

How did you have teh diff backwards? I want to double check mine now to make sure I don't make the same mistake. I didn't see anything in the directions stating which direction they should be installed. Does it matter what side the adjusting screw is on?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Shane, I didn't build it yet. I just got it home this evening.

I'm home from the gym now and hopping in the shower, gonna get started sanding/gluing all the CF shortly.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

I just finished mine a few minutes ago. It sure it pretty, I hate to drive it. I'll get the electronics on tomorrow and start setting camber and ride height.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

I'm moving everything from the B44 to it, although I may replace the Hacker 6.5 with a Tekin 7.5.

Did you sand/glue the chassis/CF parts? I hate doing it cuz it's so time consuming, but it really makes them last a lot longer.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

I'm moving everything from the B44 to it, although I may replace the Hacker 6.5 with a Tekin 7.5.

Did you sand/glue the chassis/CF parts? I hate doing it cuz it's so time consuming, but it really makes them last a lot longer.

Didn't even think about gluing the CF. I may pull it apart and do that while I'm waiting on my body to get painted.

I bet your lap times will get better going to the 7.5. Heck you may even want to try an 8.5 before you buy anything. It seems like it's harder to turn consistent laps at the Clay Pit with a hotter motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.