b44 parts

Old 02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default b44 parts

just picked up a ae b44 and want to know what extra parts should i keep in my track box. what part breaks the most
Old 02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini max
just picked up a ae b44 and want to know what extra parts should i keep in my track box. what part breaks the most

I haven't raced mine enough to really have broken parts, but common things are Hubs, Top Plates, arms, ball studs etc. You might even get an extra set of CVD bones just in case you bend one.

You didn't indicate if this was un-assembled or a roller. IF you are building it (or if its already together) I would pick up a spare front shock tower, assemble (or dis-assemble the existing one) and apply a thin layer of CA (glue) to the face of the tower and carefully glue the 2 towers together. I know some guys who have done this (myself as well) and I've seen some knarly crashed and the towers hold up really well.

Be sure to check around for B44 posts. Lost of threads with gearing and setup help IF you plan to do any racing.

MOmo
Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Front shock shafts , front a arms , front bulkhead , front and rear top plate , extra diff or rebuild kit .

From my experience the front a arms and bulkhead are the things that break most , but I have broke a shock shaft and rear top plate from hard hits .
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Front shock shafts , front a arms , front bulkhead , front and rear top plate , extra diff or rebuild kit .

From my experience the front a arms and bulkhead are the things that break most , but I have broke a shock shaft and rear top plate from hard hits .
pretty much what bashem said... and maybe a spur gear. I have not seen anyone bust a front top deck but i have one in my box... because i have broke the rear as well, it breaks at the holes in the back where the ball stud rips through the cf. Front shock shafts are a must put them in there and you will probably never need them but they do and will break right at the top of the thread, so i guess having the shock eyelets #1777 would be good too, if the shaft breaks it will be left in the eyelet prob to a point you wont be able to reuse it.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I went through a decent amount of shock caps when I raced my B44. I don't know how strong the new bleeder ones are, but they do seem nice.