R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-24-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Send a message via AIM to Jman-x
Default can xxxnt rear arms fir the xxxt?

I want to make an unbreakable ST as a fun project for use with a big BL system... I see that there are some aluminum xxxnt rear arms... what would I have to do to make them work on a xxxt and can they work? thanks
Jman-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
Tech Regular

No they will not fit. The arm isn't wide enough where the inner hinge pin goes.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
Tech Adept
Send a message via AIM to Jman-x

if they cant fit, does anyone know anybody that makes aluminum rear arms for the xxxt?
Jman-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:23 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Fit? Yes. Functional... to be determined. I will never forget when I asked Adam Drake if slider drive shafts could be used on a XXX-nt- he said NO. That was a driving force. He was correct in the practicle sence. Although I did win a certain A main in Compton against the likes of Mike Weed and Jim Pierce. They worked for me but I had to make it work. This is "Notchified"

I would think that the first issue is that on an XXX-nt the shocks mount in the back conversly the XXX-t the shock ends mount in the front. So first things first the arms would have to be dislexic (no biggie). The hubs will work and the dog bones will work. I believe all the toe in is dictated by hubs and inner hinge block so the arms should be zero. Ah yes. If one were to try the nitro arms on the electric I would say first compensate for the dog bones (straight) Now shim on both side of the hinge pin until the block is full. I would suggest using those black plastic washers that are used as internal limiters. I will tell you no it can't be done. The rest my friend is up to you.

go for it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gt0008.jpg (62.5 KB, 43 views)
notch is offline   Reply With Quote