New Losi XXXT???????????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi XXXT???????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

This is the off-road forum, and it's the MF2 thread!
Old 06-08-2004, 05:29 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Dialed

This truck is pretty DIALED

and those new tires are sweet, I love the white plastic stuff, nice
Old 06-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

this thing is 10 times the truck. gotta love it compared to the buggy. this thing carves. out of the box with the box setup was great. very few adjustments made and it is balistic.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

I'm running mine for the first time this weekend at Hot Rod Hobbies, I'll let ya know what setup I end up running, and how everything works.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have say, this truck is tougher than heck.

I've beat the crap out of it at the ARCOR track in Albuquerque and haven't broken anything. I can't wait until the spare parts show up, I want to put the VLA front arms on my NT. And the short neck ballstuds seem to really work well.

Some peeps are whining about the new bodystyle but all I can say is that it's great being able to keep all four wheels on the ground on the straight-a-way.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

I ran my MF2 for the first time this weekend, and finished 3rd at the last Jimmy Babcock R/C Racing League race of the series.

I must say, this is the most dialed truck I've ever driven in modified. It made me (a gas racer!) look like I knew what I was doing! Here's my setup:

Front: 57, 35wt, buggy blue springs, .200 limiting, inside on tower and arm, 3-b with 2 washers, .050 on spindle, spindle down.

Rear: 55, 35wt, yellow, no limiters, outside on tower and arm, 1-a camber link, hubs in middle
Old 06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Aaron
you and many other high level drivers are using blue springs on the front of the xxx t and xxx t2. are all of you using the buggy blue or do some use the truck blue. i know that they have very different rates, the buggy i think is 3.8 and the truck is 4.1. if that is the case then would the green truck that has a 3.7 rate act like the buggy blue?
Old 06-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

We are using blue buggy springs, the 2" ones.

I ran this setup in mod on a really tight blue groove track, and I used a 12x2 D5 geared at 20/88.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

hi, what is vla? thanks.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Variable length arms. The arms and hub carriers had two pivoting points you can mount the hinge pins in to effectivly change the length of the suspension arm.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Bingo. It's a great adjustment too.

In a nutshell, shorter front arms smooth out steering (especially low speed). The shorter arms in the rear of the car or truck will give you more traction. Longer arms in the front give you more steering, and longer rear arms will help the car transition from left to right, and will be more stable through un-even sections of the track.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

oh thats cool thanks, gone have to get some,... i have the standard xxxt what would my stock arms be considered as narrow or wide?

also i'm old school off rder use to run buggies back in 96& 97 had both b3 and xx cr.... b3 was the steering king nothing would touch it on smooth track, where the xxcr was the rought track king more stable easier to drive and better jumper.

in your oppinion what would u say the diffrence between the t4 and the xxxt are handling wise? thanks for the inputs.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Your front arms are considered "long", and the rear arms are considered "short".

The XXX-T is much easier to drive than the T4 and is more stable. The T4 is known for being more on edge and aggressive.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Got my MF2 Tuesday and ran it for the first time Friday night. This thing is so stable and can handle the loamy, rutted, bumpy conditions we race in better than anything else I ever driven. The way I look at this truck compared to the last one is they made a lot of minor adjustments to weight distribution, geometries, etc... to make a huge improvement over the old truck. I do have to say though, the body has to go. That is the most FUGLY thing I've ever seen on a race track. I'm running it now only because I'm waiting for my painter to be done with a Fury.

Aaron, have you done any side by side testing with the two bodies to see if this "aerodynamic" design make much of a difference? Once I get a Fury on it I'll be doing some testing myself to see if it really makes much of a difference.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah..I've run the bodies back-to-back, as has most of the guys on the team..and it's a night-and-day difference. Even at low speeds, the new body is much more stable and just overall makes the truck easier to drive.

Ugly or not (although it has grown on me big time..I actually kinda like it now) it's dialed..and it's worth running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.