Wiki Posts
Search

Too many options????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default Too many options????

Well after a year and a half break from RC I started to get back into it. 1/10 Electric short course caught my eye Because I own 2 FT T4's and feel its the best class ever My first Truck was a 10T. Anyway recently I picked up a SC10 and really like it. Due to weather I havent got to use it much but i will. With Traxxas, Associated, HPI, Losi and soon Kyosho all making 1/10
2wd trucks things look really good. Now the promblem why have so many classes 1st their is 1/8 nitro SC then 1/10 2wd now 4wd and 1/18 and 1/16. Why not let a good thing be! Now instead of a huge turnout for 1 class you will get 4 or 5 mediocre classes I also can see 2wd Sc buggy coming very soon. Why flood the market with all this stuff and make so many classes? On a side note very happy to see HPI and Kyosho doing their 1/10 SC efforts I am Associated till I die but its great to see other makers going after the same class like this. What do you think?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I couldn't agree more. Losi has to be the worst at flooding the market with too many types of vehicles and waaayyyy to many scales. But on the other hand, racers are to blame also. Anymore it seems that when one can't win or be competitive in a class they choose to make some sort of other absurd class. All that does is hurt all the other classes. I have seen this time and time again.