Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Good Parts/Tips for Savage Flux HPI >

Good Parts/Tips for Savage Flux HPI

Good Parts/Tips for Savage Flux HPI

Old 01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Good Parts/Tips for Savage Flux HPI

Hello I just got a Savage flux HPI and im wondering wat are some strong parts for the truck.What are so good tips i can get for this truck cuz im really nervous if i take it out when its nice and dry out and im going fast and i dont know wat to do so can some give me some good pointers for me as a beginner. Thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Savage Flux HPI
Hello I just got a Savage flux HPI and im wondering wat are some strong parts for the truck.What are so good tips i can get for this truck cuz im really nervous if i take it out when its nice and dry out and im going fast and i dont know wat to do so can some give me some good pointers for me as a beginner. Thanks

Get some straps for the battery box. This will keep them from coming open.
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Savage-Fl...8-p-16197.html TCS also has some pretty good prices on Flux parts.

On the front and rear bumpers. They can flex and let the upper hinge pins slide out. To fix this use some zipties to keep then from flexing, make sure you install them loosely or they will break.

Move the ESC forward. I have seen a hard landing cause the rear shock tower to flex and hit the ESC.

Put some red loctite on the pinion gear screw.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Depending on your racing/bashing application, rollcages are good, so this doesn't happen. He smashed into a rock, shattered a case and shorted the esc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHGx6W1k80
Old 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Truck comes with esc set to auto-lipo and 3.0v/cell for the low voltage cutoff. Get either the Castle Link or new Castle Field programming card and set the LVC to 3.4 or 3.5v/cell to give your lipos some safety factor.

When you see truck start to slow down, stop and go re-charge teh lipos, they'll last longer if you do not run them to tyheh lvc every time you run.

As mentioned, velcro straps on the batt boxes are a must - the boxes will come open otherwise and cause poss damage when lipos come flying out. TCS has some very good straps, they are the ones I'm using.

TCS has great prices on SAV parts, you won't find lower anywhere else. I get all my parts from them.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Tx for the 1st comment me and my dad already did that we switched them around and put straps on so thanks and tx for the info hopefully i can get more info later.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What batteries have you got for it? 150A (Mahs x "C" rating") minimum is what you're looking for as far as lipo's go.

Slipper, tighten down all the way.

Hows the on/off switch? Breakage is very common, ours broke the 1st time we tried it.

As far as that video goes, thats not racing or bashing IMO....thats just stupid driving. Anyone who drives their Flux like that with those kind of surroundings probably should get a rollcage.