Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi speed t

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default losi speed t

Hey gang just happen to pick up a pretty cheap losi speed t . Had a few questions i wanted some help with. Basically was wonding if i would spend the money to make this truck more of an off roader. I just go in to racing 4x4 sc and want to get in more track time was hope'n i could do with this truck and a little work. I see the diff will need to worked on . What other xxxt cr parts can i use?and hows this thing differant thant the xxxt platform
I have a rustler vxl already should i just use that for the off road and trade off the losi?
Thanks for any help
Old 01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I recently got a Speed T as well. My first RC car. I've recently completed a build to turn it into a short course truck. It turned out awesome. There are a few threads on the process here if you wanna browse them.

Definately do the ball diff on it, the stock locker is not good for much other than street speed runs. Even then, the locker will eventually break.

I can't answer the rest of your questions about the CR or XXXT platforms, but lots of the parts do interchange. Just be mindful that some don't and there are differences.

ben
Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Here is a pic of what my Speed T looks like now....I think it looks much better, but that wasn't a stretch since the car was a wreck when I got it.

To do this, you have to extend the chassis, narrow the wheel base, and retro fit a bunch of SC10 parts onto the chassis. That is the high level overview of the build process.

ben