R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Losi Pink compound + Traction additive? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/362553-losi-pink-compound-traction-additive.html)

dr_speed 01-20-2010 07:21 PM

Losi Pink compound + Traction additive?

I have read that the Losi pink compound is chemically different than the others and seems to work best on a damp track, but takes well to traction additives.

Is this correct? Does this compound take well to traction additives? Soften the rubber up for running on a dry track?

not home 01-20-2010 07:34 PM

on a dry track, the pink compounds last like two runs in mod. we fun dry and slightly dusty clay here and two runs and done with pink k bars. on softer tracks where its watered or holds water well, where you can easily all up dirt, or it's collected on the tire after a run, the pink compound last a very long time.

Jeremey 01-20-2010 07:53 PM

Buggy grip 2 about 10min before the heat makes them last even less long:lol: But it does help

Jason_R 01-21-2010 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by dr_speed (Post 6883562)
I have read that the Losi pink compound is chemically different than the others and seems to work best on a damp track, but takes well to traction additives.

Is this correct? Does this compound take well to traction additives? Soften the rubber up for running on a dry track?

We run them a lot at an indoor track here (taper pins) in both damp and relatively dry conditions (nearly blue groove, light dust) and they adapt pretty well to both imho. Buggy Grip, Paragon, Red Dot, Reino's Ragu, you name it and we've tried doping them with it.

We'll commonly go through a couple sets of foams before we'll completely wear out the tire in 13.5. Personally, I prefer tapers on JConcepts or Trinity Bomb 1 foams, not the stock losi foam as it seems to break down pretty quickly with the additives.

not home 01-21-2010 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jason_R (Post 6885110)
We run them a lot at an indoor track here (taper pins) in both damp and relatively dry conditions (nearly blue groove, light dust) and they adapt pretty well to both imho. Buggy Grip, Paragon, Red Dot, Reino's Ragu, you name it and we've tried doping them with it.

We'll commonly go through a couple sets of foams before we'll completely wear out the tire in 13.5. Personally, I prefer tapers on JConcepts or Trinity Bomb 1 foams, not the stock losi foam as it seems to break down pretty quickly with the additives.

you're lucky, our clay gets a slight blue groove where two runs and done with any pink losi tire. and they do take traction compound very nicely, when we used to run slicks, i would drench mine in zip free, aka foam eater. they last very long too.

Casper 01-26-2010 03:37 PM

That must be some abrasive clay. The tires will not last as long with sauce but it should not kill them. It will attack the foam before it will usually wear out the tire. I recommend sticky kicks. Works great and smells great.

http://www.sticky-kicks.com/

Davidka 01-26-2010 06:50 PM

It's not like that. I race at the same track, and haven't ever heard of tires wearing like that. Keep in mind, before this year the track was always one where we used Losi pinks ground to slicks. If the track is dry then tires wear a little but I've had the same set of tapers on truck for the last 6 races and haven't had much wear at all. The track is dry enough that people are complaining.

kvrc 01-26-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 6911903)
That must be some abrasive clay. The tires will not last as long with sauce but it should not kill them. It will attack the foam before it will usually wear out the tire. I recommend sticky kicks. Works great and smells great.

http://www.sticky-kicks.com/

Casper please give us some more info on this sticky kicks sauce. I went to the site and they have 3 different blends but they dont give any info as to what the differences are.

not home 01-26-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Davidka (Post 6912921)
It's not like that. I race at the same track, and haven't ever heard of tires wearing like that. Keep in mind, before this year the track was always one where we used Losi pinks ground to slicks. If the track is dry then tires wear a little but I've had the same set of tapers on truck for the last 6 races and haven't had much wear at all. The track is dry enough that people are complaining.

i think it perfect now, and even better when we see a rebuild. tapers on my 2wd died in two runs :lol:
but losi tires are awesome, they just didnt last long here at my local track.

Davidka 01-26-2010 07:53 PM

Gotta learn to reign in that trigger finger Mike. ;)

You racing next week when the new layout goes in? I assume yes.

Jason Pelletier 01-26-2010 07:56 PM

flame them grip them put them in a bag.

dr_speed 01-26-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by RB FIVE (Post 6913349)
flame them grip them put them in a bag.

I've read about this several times, not sure how to do it though.

How do you flame them?

electricguy007 01-26-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremey (Post 6883728)
Buggy grip 2 about 10min before the heat makes them last even less long:lol: But it does help

Yep, I have to say I did that before and I had holes in my tire, due to that
side of the tire hitting on the turns. That's what caused it. On slicks it would help, just not on full treaded ones. You will get holes in your tire because it's ripping itself. I use buggy grip on just pink taper slicks and that's it.

not home 01-26-2010 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Davidka (Post 6913327)
Gotta learn to reign in that trigger finger Mike. ;)

You racing next week when the new layout goes in? I assume yes.

should be, maybe prac if the track is open wednesday. you?

Originally Posted by dr_speed (Post 6913384)
I've read about this several times, not sure how to do it though.

How do you flame them?

i saw the losi guys doing it, take a hex driver or something similar, spin wheel on it fast and spray it in motor spray. then spin it again and light it and then blow off the flame.

Casper 01-26-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by kvrc (Post 6913086)
Casper please give us some more info on this sticky kicks sauce. I went to the site and they have 3 different blends but they dont give any info as to what the differences are.

I use the verde with good results. All three of the sauces are very close. He claims the verde is a little better on wet, the roja is better on drier tracks and the Blanco is kind of an inbetween. To be honest I have not tried them all but verde works great!