Wiki Posts
Search

Lazer ZX-5FS chassis weakness

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lazer ZX-5FS chassis weakness

Dear fellow racers,

Let me initially state I own (and have owned) several 1:8 Kyosho cars and I am a highly satisfied customer when it comes to the quality of their cars.

I have recently started racing 1:10 and I am quite happy with the Lazer ZX-5FS. However I am starting to find the durability of the front chassis questionable. First front break off was a head on collision with a wall - anything would break under those circumstances.

However a few days ago I broke another chassis (front again) just coming off a small jump and landing on the front wheels (not particularly hard and which I have done dozen of times). I think the imaginary line between the two hex screws in the front of the chassis (see picture below) simply is too weak a spot.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any hop up parts available that will maybe reinforce this weakness? (perhaps even a complete chassis upgrade?). Chassis come at a reasonable price but it gets quite cumbersome to move all the parts to a new chassis.

Any advice and opions appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

I have broke mine to zx 5 rtr but not the SP, but just in
case now i run chasis brace .

http://www.napalmracing.com/product_...roducts_id=161