Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheap brushless motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

The mamba pro's need castle link. Mamba max does not. Between the 3 I would say the pro is by far the best value when you consider that it comes with a certificate for a free castle link! I get em for 175 from my lhs. The combo that is.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
The mamba pro's need castle link. Mamba max does not. Between the 3 I would say the pro is by far the best value when you consider that it comes with a certificate for a free castle link! I get em for 175 from my lhs. The combo that is.
That does sound awesome when it comes with a free cert for a Castle Link... That's a great move by Castle...
Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not getting the pro but if u want the guys name I'll give it to u guys
Old 01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by forest_parker
i heard u fry alot of esc's though, is this true?
No, There are five of us running expert SC mod at our track. All but one of us run the Ezrun stuff, the other guy runs a Novak setup (It hasn't helped him get to the front of the pack).
Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You may hear of a few rare stories where people have killed an EZRun system, but if you look around you will see these stories for ANY ESC. Novak, Castle, Tekin, EZrun, LRP, they all have had a few failures here and there. Most of the problems have been caused by user error, but thats really besides the point. For as many EZRun systems there seem to be in use I think the ratio is pretty low for failures. I for one have or have had more ESCs than most RC guys will ever own, and EZRun has been one of the most reliable, smooth running, and definitely the best value for the dollar.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

This info would be great if I could actually find them in stock somewhere.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

check out hobbypartz.com/car.html,

Combo B5: 60A 8.5T/4000kv for $97, says they are in stock.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I know hobbypartz. hardly anything in stock right now.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Initiate

ANyone have issues with the EZrun 60A? I bought one for my daughter (4 years old) for Xmas. Got it all ready but it only runs backwards? I have the programmer, and it has a box to check to reverse the motor rotation but it's greyed out. So after several attempts to contact HOBBYPARTZ they told me the warranty ran out (30 days) and want nothing to do with it. WTF? Anyone know what I can do to get it to work right? HELP
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nickmax
ANyone have issues with the EZrun 60A? I bought one for my daughter (4 years old) for Xmas. Got it all ready but it only runs backwards? I have the programmer, and it has a box to check to reverse the motor rotation but it's greyed out. So after several attempts to contact HOBBYPARTZ they told me the warranty ran out (30 days) and want nothing to do with it. WTF? Anyone know what I can do to get it to work right? HELP
Switch any two of the motor wires and it should spin the correct direction.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Switch any two of the motor wires and it should spin the correct direction.

ANY ONES?

A & B, A & C, B & C
Old 01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

ANY ONES?

A & B, A & C, B & C
Any two should do it.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Any two should do it.
THANKS....

Now why couldn't HOBBYPARTZ tell me that?

Thanks again JAMMINKRAZY
Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Castle Creations Mamba Max

I purchased 4 Mamba Max ESCs in the last month. They are complete garbage - just like their service. I sent my 1st blown up ESC (got blown up when I hooked it to the computer to program :/) on Dec 29 2009. I got this message today....

Castle Creations wrote...

Dear Castle Creations Customer,

I have a Warranty repair of MAMBA MONSTER ESC (010-0062-00) in our repair department. I do not have stock at this time. I hope to replace your repair in a week or two from today, 01/20/2010. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will keep you updated via email once I ship your product out.

Thanks,

-- Jenny Wendel
Repair Administrator
Castle Creations
913-390-6939 Ext. 114

SO MY POINT IS I AM SUPPOSED TO WAIT 2 MONTHS FOR AN ESC THAT NEVER EVEN GOT PUT IN MY CAR AND CAUGHT FIRE WHEN I CONNECTED IT. SCREW CASTLE CREATIONS HARD. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT. I can see when things break, but this is not the type of support you want to deal with in the RC industry. It sets a bad example. Do not buy from them.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

As the others have said you could switch the wires but make sure you went through the correct setup procedures first. In the manual is strictly says to set your throttle channed to REV during setup. Now if you did that then go ahead and switch the wires, however if you haven't done that then do that first and if that doesn't fix the motor rotation then swap the motor wires around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.