Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drs92
Will this car be fine outta the box to just lay down laps with or does it need upgrades right away? Durability issues?
I have 2 complete weekends on mine and have yet to break a part. I have upgraded the ball studs and cups to the ones found on the TLR22. Make sure you get the 10mm long studs if you do!

I ran box stock the first weekend and the car pushed hard and popped ball cups.

I wanted to try the Lutz set up from Reedy for the next weekend but of course the Durango springs are out of stock. I tried to replicate it by using TLR22 springs: orange front and red rear.

I was almost second faster per lap with that set up.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If the diff wasn't tightened it's possible for this to occur.
Thanks Randy, I guess that I did not tighten the diff enough. At least I thought I did. Did it, now now binding. Thanks guy.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Nothing needed out of the box. Build it and run it.
Thanks Randy. Just a quick question if you don't mind. What's with the diff case breaking and ball ends popping?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
I have 2 complete weekends on mine and have yet to break a part. I have upgraded the ball studs and cups to the ones found on the TLR22. Make sure you get the 10mm long studs if you do!

I wanted to try the Lutz set up from Reedy for the next weekend but of course the Durango springs are out of stock. I tried to replicate it by using TLR22 springs: orange front and red rear.

possible if you can snap a pic on the rear right side near the gear cover, need to know if the cups does not bind with the gear cover, is yours RM or MM? im about to change mine to AE studs and Losi cups but i think it will rub with the Gear cover.

thanks,
Old 02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry I cant post a pic: I ran out of 10mm studs and didn't want to risk having a shorter 6mm ball stud rip out of the diff case. The rear links are still Durango.

I'm going to update them ASAP and let you know if they fit. I am running rear motor if that makes a difference for clearance.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry I cant post a pic: I ran out of 10mm studs and didn't want to risk having a shorter 6mm ball stud rip out of the diff case. The rear links are still Durango.

I'm going to update them ASAP and let you know if they fit. I am running rear motor if that makes a difference for clearance.
Thanks,
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Regarding spring rates, according to the TD spring chart, light red front springs are rated at 47gf/mm. However, the package on the light red fronts says 49gf/mm. Black front springs on the chart are rated at 49, yet the package says 47. Does anyone know which is correct?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks, whats the fix to these ball cup issues? Also why do I see rear diff cases near the bearing cracking/breaking/ or chipping..w/e you wanna call it
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Here is my V2 from brass.

More holes , and makes the turnbuckles more linear. This is a one off part I made by hand. It's pretty darn close if not perfect.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Here is my V2 from brass.

More holes , and makes the turnbuckles more linear. This is a one off part I made by hand. It's pretty darn close if not perfect.

Looks sweet and beefy.... me like
Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slow_jun
possible if you can snap a pic on the rear right side near the gear cover, need to know if the cups does not bind with the gear cover, is yours RM or MM? im about to change mine to AE studs and Losi cups but i think it will rub with the Gear cover.

thanks,
I run the AE TC5 ballstuds and Losi HD ballcups with no gear cover rub. RM3 ballstuds in the outer holes and no shims. Have had no issues what so ever to date 6 weeks of racing. Sorry, I'm at work and can't do a pic.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mopar
I run the AE TC5 ballstuds and Losi HD ballcups with no gear cover rub. RM3 ballstuds in the outer holes and no shims. Have had no issues what so ever to date 6 weeks of racing. Sorry, I'm at work and can't do a pic.
no hurry, only when you can..thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by slow_jun
no hurry, only when you can..thanks in advance.
With no guess work involved, just get the Lunsford kit. You won't be dissapointed. I liked it so much, that I ordered my 410v3 kit from Barb@ Lunsford yesterday. Stormed has the kit the cheapest. By the time you gather parts, its not cost effective. Plus you get the punisher turnbuckles, they still have the hole for adjusting the ball stud, and everything is Titanium. How can you go wrong?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
With no guess work involved, just get the Lunsford kit. You won't be dissapointed. I liked it so much, that I ordered my 410v3 kit from Barb@ Lunsford yesterday. Stormed has the kit the cheapest. By the time you gather parts, its not cost effective. Plus you get the punisher turnbuckles, they still have the hole for adjusting the ball stud, and everything is Titanium. How can you go wrong?
i had a spare lunsford buckles that i could not just put aside, anyway i might go for the losi and Ae combos.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
Regarding spring rates, according to the TD spring chart, light red front springs are rated at 47gf/mm. However, the package on the light red fronts says 49gf/mm. Black front springs on the chart are rated at 49, yet the package says 47. Does anyone know which is correct?

You can use a caliper to measure the coil thickness and come to a conclusion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.