Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

I run mid motor and love it. It drives different than a rear motor setup. I have a ton of mid corner speed with a slight sacrifice of corner entry speed. I run mostly outdoors on clay. The car is real loose in the loose stuff (of course) but in the groove it is very nice. I've only raced it three times. I'm still working on a setup so I think I can get it where I want it.

Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dex210.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa
I run mid motor and love it. It drives different than a rear motor setup. I have a ton of mid corner speed with a slight sacrifice of corner entry speed. I run mostly outdoors on clay. The car is real loose in the loose stuff (of course) but in the groove it is very nice. I've only raced it three times. I'm still working on a setup so I think I can get it where I want it.

thats what im taking about!! 2 stage pistons increase traction dramatically i bet they will do the trick! cant wait to get mine friday, will assemble it saturday and test sunday. what base setup are you running?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
thats what im taking about!! 2 stage pistons increase traction dramatically i bet they will do the trick! cant wait to get mine friday, will assemble it saturday and test sunday. what base setup are you running?
I'm running the stock setup. I've been tweaking a little here and there. I still have more testing to do. My stock rims were warped so i ordered the DE Racing rims from their website and got my stuff in a few days. I really like the way the buggy drives. I also have a T4 that I race but prefer driving the buggy.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROP
Was at Leisure Hours Raceway for the first time on Saturday night. I didnt even know the track existed until I over heard one of the guys that works at the main hobby store talk about it. Anyway I stopped by and was very interested in the DEX210. Was able to see one go around the track and also the DESC410R. Both vehiles seem to work very well. The only issue I have is the guy that was running them. From what I was able to find out the guy is a Team Durango driver. The "issue" I had is the guy was almost getting into a fight over something or the other with more than one person. I asked a few guys that were hanging around if that was normal for the guy.....I didnt get an offical answer. It's too bad cause these cars look complicated to setup....lots of adjustments. Looks confusing. Then I found R/C Tech. Lots of info on here. I also found out that there is another Team driver that runs at Leisure Hours. Cush/Jonny5...I think. Anyway glad there is another guy there....cause the one guy Jason acts like a total "behind". Also glad I can post questions on this thread and people will answer. This will be my first real r/c purcahse....had lots of Tamiya stuff as a kid. Was thinking this could be something myself and my son could get into. (we are into paintball now and its too cold to play outside)

So thanks for all the posters who answer questions and maybe Durango should consider having a talk with the guy who didnt represnt it's products very well.

Jonny5....when will you be at LH next? Have lots of questions and want to hold one of these before I throw down cash.

Thanks.
Hey ROP,
I also run Durangos at Leisure Hours, and have been doing so for a while. I'll be there Saturday with my 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive buggies. Feel free to check out the cars and ask me any and all questions about them. I was there Saturday also, and won the 4 wheel drive class with my 410. Don't know how late you were there. Anyway, just ask for Brian. They all know me.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got the body back from the painters, loving it!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dsc03630.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-dsc03629.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-dsc03633.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
what is the final verdict on the wheel hexes and wheels? do i need to make some adapters with different size hexes?
I would be in for that
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

I would love to use my TLR 22 rims ( wich I have a lot of )
Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Now that it has been a couple weeks for you guys, where is everyone settling on their front hubs? I have been running 2 on the trailing and 35 for castor. Car has some off power push coming off the sweeper into a 180 and is is a bit twitchy if I get on it to quick. So I was thinking of going to full trailing and cutting the castor down to 25. In the rear I run full toe, hubs forward, and rear shocks out on the bottom. Really helped keep the rear locked in. Good rear traction, but need a bit more steering for the 180's. Thanks...
Old 11-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

2 on trailing here, 30deg castor

but i'm on mm4 though, running on carpet.
going from 4 trailing to 2 really brought the front end to life, as well as limiting front droop helped with push on exiting corners.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Now that it has been a couple weeks for you guys, where is everyone settling on their front hubs? I have been running 2 on the trailing and 35 for castor. Car has some off power push coming off the sweeper into a 180 and is is a bit twitchy if I get on it to quick. So I was thinking of going to full trailing and cutting the castor down to 25. In the rear I run full toe, hubs forward, and rear shocks out on the bottom. Really helped keep the rear locked in. Good rear traction, but need a bit more steering for the 180's. Thanks...
We were at full trailing and 30 degrees on Cush's car with 3.5 toe in the rear. Moving the front axle forward 1mm helped a lot with an entry push, but was stil stable middle out.

Taking some toe out of the rear should help mid corner rotation if your car is too locked down mid corner.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Good night with the car last night, feeling a lot more comfortable with it! (I started second)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOg-7j2INo0
Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Default Another DEX210 Bombshell bound for the podium.

Just in time for race 2 of 6 of the ELECTRIC MASTERS SERIES at The Vegas R/C Raceway. http://www.thevegasrcraceway.com

Give em hell, Jonah!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm getting back into the Hobby. I used to race a 1/8 Losi 8 2.0 but after a fire I lost all my RC gear. So I'm starting over. Since my only experience is 1/8th buggy, do you think the 210 would be a good starting point for a 1/10 scale 2wd buggy? Or would a Losi 22 be a better starting point?

*Edit* My LHS doesn't really have much (or anything) for Durangos so I would be doing all parts replacement via web orders. That doesn't really bother me and I wouldn't mind being the only guy on the track with one of these cars. Also, I'm planning on starting up running the 17.5 class at my track.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I haven't had the chance to wheel 210, so I can't offer an opinion on it. That said it offers a TON of adjustment. If you aren't familiar with tuning, and don't have someone with experience to help you, then it can get overwhelming. To add to that, no having local parts support is a HUGE PITA, especially if you travel for races, and break that one part that you don't have a spare for.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I support my LHS whenever I can.. BUt... if they don't carry parts for the car I want to drive, I have no issue buying online instead. I may be in the minority, but I also don't have any issue with pre-buying all my spares and toting them all to the track with me. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.