Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here is a few pics of my DEX210. Hopfully I will get a chance to get on the track this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dscn8960a.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-dscn8961a.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I'm not sure if you have your 210 yet or not, but this piece looks REALLY fragile.... my point is, maybe if this piece were stronger, nothing at ALL would break.
I don't have mine, so good heads up if this piece looks a little suspect.

Cush took a shot on a front wheel from another car (blowing the corner entry) and stripped the servo arm. It seems the plastic servo arm is the weak link. I threw an aluminum one on it and no issues since.
But your servo could be next in line. Sketchy. I'm thinking plastic is the play.

As far as "something's gotta give/break", just from past experience, the force of an impact has to manifest itself somewhere. So if the least important part, or cheap and easy fix is the part that breaks, then cool. To me, this would be a bent/warped (but not snapped) ballcup. This way the car keeps going, then you replace when race is over. But to hope you are getting a car that doesn't break ever is a little optimistic. Not sure you said or even meant that. Don't want to start a debate cuz I think this is pretty common knowledge......"fix the easiest part and cheapest part on the car in the event of an impact" . I think we can all agree on that.

That said, I think I'll order the Carbon Fiber steering plate since you are saying the stocker seems weak. But for now, im leaving plastic servo horn!! Thanks folks.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Atomic Carbon has CF goodies as well to include a chassis.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Atomic Carbon has CF goodies as well to include a chassis.
I've got some of their stuff on the way. I ordered the rear shock tower, battery hold down, steering link, and steering brace. Chassis isn't available yet
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I've got some of their stuff on the way. I ordered the rear shock tower, battery hold down, steering link, and steering brace. Chassis isn't available yet
I really just want the battery hold down and steering link. the shock towers will be decided if I break the towers on a regular basis.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

As far as the "somethings got to give" debate, here is how I think of it.

Lets say it takes 50 lbs of force to break a servo horn, 60 lbs to break the servo, and 55 lbs to break a hub carrier/ steering block but only 20 lbs of force to break the steering link. If you bring the breaking point of the link up higher it doesnt mean you will break something else, it just mean you've brought the breaking point of the system up much higher.
Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I really just want the battery hold down and steering link. the shock towers will be decided if I break the towers on a regular basis.
I've gone through one tower already, got "slashed" going over a double and landed on it
Old 11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick
it just mean you've brought the breaking point of any part of the system up much higher.
Hope that makes sense.
True. It makes sense to most I'm sure. There are too many what ifs though to open a debate on theoretical partical physics, so lets leave it shut and hope we don't break our cars which there are no arms available for yet .
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick
As far as the "somethings got to give" debate, here is how I think of it.

Lets say it takes 50 lbs of force to break a servo horn, 60 lbs to break the servo, and 55 lbs to break a hub carrier/ steering block but only 20 lbs of force to break the steering link. If you bring the breaking point of the link up higher it doesnt mean you will break something else, it just mean you've brought the breaking point of the system up much higher.
Hope that makes sense.
I agree. At the time Cush's broke he was on a good pace in Q2 and it ended his race. Even if the servo is next in line to break (which I don't think it is), it takes a much harder shot to break it, and one that I trust he won't do on his own most of the time. It's more important to me that he finish races than not break a servo.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

I've gone through one tower already, got "slashed" going over a double and landed on it
Shortbus trucks will break anything. I always thought CF made great looking shock towers anyways.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

im am new to 2wd buggys and i was looking for a good starting setup for this car. i will be running on a tight indoor high bite clay track, and on an out door blue/black groove track. any advice would be great as i am about to order the kit and would like to order the parts i would need.

thanks,

Dan
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panic-rev
What is stock spur? Anyone running 8.5 or close? What pinion matches up well? Thanks.
I'm running an 8.5 with 17/87. 20 deg. of esc timing and haven't touched the motor. The little pinion gives me great low end and the timing kicks in on the straight and the car flies. No heat issues at all, and awesome power through the the whole range.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I can already tell the ball cups are going to be a problem. I have everything built and I go to adjust the camber on the car and I put my wrench on it and turn the turnbuckle and it just pulls the links right off the ball studs! I know it has been talked about on here, but what is everybody running as far as the balls and the plastic links go?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys, I can already tell the ball cups are going to be a problem. I have everything built and I go to adjust the camber on the car and I put my wrench on it and turn the turnbuckle and it just pulls the links right off the ball studs! I know it has been talked about on here, but what is everybody running as far as the balls and the plastic links go?
AE sells some "standard" ball ends for the TC5 that are metric threaded in different lengths. I use those along with some Jconcepts ballcups and they work great. I went with the Jconcepts cups since they come with the "kinked" cups for use on the rear of the car.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

AE sells some "standard" ball ends for the TC5 that are metric threaded in different lengths. I use those along with some Jconcepts ballcups and they work great. I went with the Jconcepts cups since they come with the "kinked" cups for use on the rear of the car.
Thanks Matt, I actually have a TC5 and believe that I have some laying around. I will give the Jconcepts a try. Without even running the buggy in dirt yet I can tell it is a weak point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.