Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FRONTI3R
The end points were always set on my Cougar before I used it, yet I still broke the servo gears on certain hits or crashes.

Almost NO one else breaks the servo gears on their Cougar... I'm thinking the low profile servo is weaker and is why I kept breaking the gears.

I would agree that the servo horn should strip before the gears breaking... but it NEVER did when I had the low profile servo.

Just saying... it wasn't due to USER error as you are implying.
Well, its all user error really. Dont hit anything. . Also a plastic servo horn should be used in that case. cheaper to replace those.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
We can only hope
Ha!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

The end points were always set on my Cougar before I used it, yet I still broke the servo gears on certain hits or crashes.

Almost NO one else breaks the servo gears on their Cougar... I'm thinking the low profile servo is weaker and is why I kept breaking the gears.

I would agree that the servo horn should strip before the gears breaking... but it NEVER did when I had the low profile servo.

Sorry.. if I have upset you. I also run low profile savox servos. and others like the Ace ds1015
Never felt the need of any servo saver in all sorts of trucks I run. and when a truck has a servo saver I tighten it as much as I can.
Even in my SC10 4x4 I tighten the servosaver to a lockup.

you want fast and responsive steering, and a servosaver takes away a bit of that fast and responsive steering. that is my thought about a servosaver.

best servo saver is a plastic servo horn
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The AE and Kyosho guys at our track glue the servo saver closed.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123
Sorry.. if I have upset you. I also run low profile savox servos. and others like the Ace ds1015
Never felt the need of any servo saver in all sorts of trucks I run. and when a truck has a servo saver I tighten it as much as I can.
Even in my SC10 4x4 I tighten the servosaver to a lockup.

you want fast and responsive steering, and a servosaver takes away a bit of that fast and responsive steering. that is my thought about a servosaver.

best servo saver is a plastic servo horn
Don't worry about it... I wasn't upset... just trying to say that I knew all that already. lol But I'm sure it was good info for others.
BTW. I was running the stock plastic servo horn, not an aluminum one.

And I agree with you about not running a servo saver is better for responsive steering.
I didn't want a servo saver either... for those exact same reason you just mentioned... but when it breaks 5 times on you... you don't really have a choice but to add a servo saver now do you?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Don't worry about it... I wasn't upset... just trying to say that I knew all that already. lol But I'm sure it was good info for others.
BTW. I was running the stock plastic servo horn, not an aluminum one.

And I agree with you about not running a servo saver is better for responsive steering.
I didn't want a servo saver either... for those exact same reason you just mentioned... but when it breaks 5 times on you... you don't really have a choice but to add a servo saver now do you?
did you shim the ball stud or you were using factory servo horns? it might be putting strain on teh gearing which its not designed to handle.... I get away with the 1257 savox which is only 10 oz less than the low pro savox servo and never broken gearing...
Old 10-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Somebody help me out here.. it was my understanding that 3gear/Rear motor makes the spin of the motor put energy downward, improving rear traction on throttle... so why does TD say that 4gear/Rear motor is for very low traction? wouldn't it reduce rear traction on throttle, or is something backwards in my understanding?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Somebody help me out here.. it was my understanding that 3gear/Rear motor makes the spin of the motor put energy downward, improving rear traction on throttle... so why does TD say that 4gear/Rear motor is for very low traction? wouldn't it reduce rear traction on throttle, or is something backwards in my understanding?
The way i interpret it is the motor rotation would force the whole chassis down vs just forcing the rear down. of course I could be entirely wrong.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Whys the sky blue? Why are trees green? How does a posi trac work on a Plymouth?? IT JUST DOES!!!!

Yeah, I was wondering the same
Old 10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

no matter what you do all the centrifugal mass is centered in the same place. There really is no advantage either way in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks to me that a full size will work in the 210 why go with a low pro if its not needed? They all suck IMO really weak for my taste. I do run use a 300 once without a saver in the 410 so maybe I get a little carried away.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Rather than thinking of the rotation as upward or downward, think of it as forward or rearward. With that in mind, a 4 gear rear-motor configuration will spin rearward and will transfer more weight to the rear wheels. This had been my theory since it was announced that the car would offer this type of adjustment- now with TD's explanation on the site I am more convinced of this. Looking forward to trying it out on Cush's buggy.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Losi Associated parts house said mine should be in the mail next week .
Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing089
no matter what you do all the centrifugal mass is centered in the same place. There really is no advantage either way in my opinion.
I don't think were discussing mass... but ok...

Last edited by Cpt.America; 10-05-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A motor turning at 20,000+ rpms. ya it matters which way its turning. Xfactory has been using 4 gear tranny for a few years now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.