Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

I dont own the DESC10 and a view little things of the new line held me off to buy one!

That is: To replace the outer bearings of the diffs, it always looked like to me, you have to tear down the hole diff, may one of the DESC10 owners can clariefy? And, i do not like the motor mount that much, otherwise, the truck is realy looking good to me, just that was holding me off...!?
At the DESC410 it is easy to replace or clean the outer diff bearings!
Old 11-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

from what I recall I think you could just pull the bearings but I could be wrong.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

From what I can tell, the DESC10 is a much heavier/stout truck that compares directly to the Tekno in this way. The DESC410V2 looks like it is designed for smaller tighter tracks, like the SC10 was. Knowing me, I'll likely build both just because I love short course trucks.

As far as the DEX210, when I read that some of you are running your electronics in line down the center, are you cutting out some of the waterfall and mounting it behind the battery? Everything I read about this buggy seems to point to needing better weight distribution. I.E. cross mounted battery, in line electronics ect. What are you gaining by doing this? To me, it seems that all of this really only applies to the guys running super high traction. A place where that kind of stuff matters most.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Legend

Tekno's SCT410 had specific lightweight parts for it designed, the DESC10 is basically the DEX8 with some changes to make it fit the class. Hence why its heavier. Good vehicle though let down by the company. It actually works very well indoors and out, etc.

The DESC410 series basically started out when 4x4 sct was still young and more 1/10 oriented than it is now. But, it actually works quite well on a variety of tracks, you just have to uparmor it with some things to deal with the heavier vehicles but once that is done, its works quite well.

As for the dex210 running the shorty battery in the sideways position to me it makes the vehicle feel more consistent on the rear end, especially if you want to run the vehicle Mid motor. It is a mod that I would recommend doing.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

I always whanted the sidway battery position, to get as much weight to the rear end, i think 65/35 would be best, so i decided to start boulding my own chassis, but had not had the time to finish it, and as the exotek chassis released...
May you have seen my starting, to convert the 210F chassis to a stand up gear car, quit a fiew pages back?
Old 11-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by micholix
I always whanted the sidway battery position, to get as much weight to the rear end, i think 65/35 would be best, so i decided to start boulding my own chassis, but had not had the time to finish it, and as the exotek chassis released...
May you have seen my starting, to convert the 210F chassis to a stand up gear car, quit a fiew pages back?
saw that.

The big thing I was wanting on the dex210F was the ability to use a ball diff, your setup could have done the trick.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micholix
I dont own the DESC10 and a view little things of the new line held me off to buy one!

That is: To replace the outer bearings of the diffs, it always looked like to me, you have to tear down the hole diff, may one of the DESC10 owners can clariefy? And, i do not like the motor mount that much, otherwise, the truck is realy looking good to me, just that was holding me off...!?
At the DESC410 it is easy to replace or clean the outer diff bearings!
You are correct. You cannot remove the diff bearing without tearing the whole diff apart. Also the things I didn't like from the truck was the limitation on shock adjustment, meaning only one position on the a-arms and 2 positions in the front tower and 3 in the rear which actually you are limited to two due to the body mount been on the way of the third hole. Shocks are not very consistent in stock form. The weigh is the biggest drawback of this truck. Despite the downfalls of it I managed to A-main 99% of the races i went with it and podium about 75% of them. And thats a whole year if racing the crap out it. It is an awesome truck but weight is what kept me from doing a fast 10min main therefore i moved to a lighter 4wd sct. Bottom line is that if 4wd sct was to be ran with 3S, there's no catching the desc10 IMO.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Legend

The performance of the DESC10 makes it sadder how durango ran away from racing. But, for that and other vehicles that have if you don't care about that you can have one heck of a vehicle.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Tekno's SCT410 had specific lightweight parts for it designed, the DESC10 is basically the DEX8 with some changes to make it fit the class. Hence why its heavier. Good vehicle though let down by the company. It actually works very well indoors and out, etc.

The DESC410 series basically started out when 4x4 sct was still young and more 1/10 oriented than it is now. But, it actually works quite well on a variety of tracks, you just have to uparmor it with some things to deal with the heavier vehicles but once that is done, its works quite well.

As for the dex210 running the shorty battery in the sideways position to me it makes the vehicle feel more consistent on the rear end, especially if you want to run the vehicle Mid motor. It is a mod that I would recommend doing.
Good to know. I'll be running my dex210 either with the battery mod or buy the exotek chassis. And even if parts are harder to find as time goes, the only real replacement parts I need are A-arms (after finding a pair of treseray c-hubs). I own a B5m which I love but I fixed up this dex210 for my daughter and when she broke a front A-arm over the weekend I saw that my b5m were almost the same, I fit them on slightly modifying the bulkhead. So now they are easy to find. I got home so excited for my find that I was going to post here but I did my homework and noticed It had already been discussed. Now I have to find a way to calm some of the droop the modified bulkhead allows. Still runs solid, I am running it 17.5 stock and flies beautifully.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Legend

yeah the car works pretty well, if durango would sit down and really work on the cars I'd love to see what comes of things.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Done

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
One thing that concerns me is the lack of mounting points along the chassis. Given, the side pods probably don't add a lot of strength to the aluminum chassis but they must have some impact on the flex. It might be good to add one or two screws along the area highlighted in red in the picture below.

I added a couple of circles showing existing screw holes that could probably be used. It might be good to use the blue one as the forward battery brace mounting point instead of making new ones. This does limit how far forward you can run the battery but without a lay down gear box, I don't think there's a real reason to run one that far forward.

Comments?

Attachment 1396852
I got the printed pods and they fit in well. I need to dremel the posts as 3d printing kind of messed up their inner diameter. I think i need to cut the body with an extra cm from its original cutting line.

Last edited by asalas; 11-25-2016 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asalas
I got the printed pods and they fit in well. I need to dremel the posts as 3d printing kind of messed up their inner diameter. I think i need to cut the body with an extra cm from its original cutting line.
Wow.. those look really good. I gotta print a set when I'm back at work next week.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asalas

Looks good. What kind of printer are you using?
Old 11-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Any ideas? What setting to change? Every time I take this double I flip when I turn. Only happens when I use this buggy. Never with my B5m. The yellow spot is the after the double is the culprit. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-screenshot_20161126-213259-picsay.jpg  
Old 11-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by czrlaker
Any ideas? What setting to change? Every time I take this double I flip when I turn. Only happens when I use this buggy. Never with my B5m. The yellow spot is the after the double is the culprit. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please post your full set up, so we may can figure out, where the problem is!?
My first guess would be the shock set up...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.