Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Iggy 102
My version of short packAttachment 1344920
Looking good Iggy. Let us know how it compares once you get it on the track. Like how you incorporated the thumb screws. Well done.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Micholix,
Think these might work to mount the servo. The dimension look close. Then no upper brace and might be able to integrate into the sidepods. It's an exotek 22 3.0 servo mount
Hi Wally, i've thought about these mounts too, but i think with that you'll come to far out up at the front of the mount, so it would not be possible to use the side pods, or you have an open section at this area!?
I want to keep the conection from the side pods and the front brace for stiffness, as the chassis is so narrow up front!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Best bet is get the exotek ones. I have a pair of proline Associated B4.2 aluminum hexes I pulled of my old car and they fit perfect as well. I have heard people are using the B5 ones as well. I Have also heard that there is a difference between some of the B5 ones with the lite version being a different size. I'm not exactly sure.
Thank you. Going to order those today.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:34 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by sgtlt
The B5 lite has larger dia axels they will not fit. The hex that fits the smaller dia axel will work just fine. I have them on my dex 210.
Thank you. Very helpful. I use to have B4 ones on my original 210 but not on my V3. Almost thought of some 14mm ones and have my buddy turn them down to 12mm on his milling machine for me.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Looking good Iggy. Let us know how it compares once you get it on the track. Like how you incorporated the thumb screws. Well done.
I would be interested to hear how what differences you saw with the change. At least in stock right now my car is almost perfect. Could use a tad more steering but its very close. I have some camber link changes to the rear I would like to try, I have new front and rear springs coming to try and would like to lay the rear shocks down 1 more hole in the rear but overall not sure at this time I'm its work me changing as its already as easy or easier to drive than my B5M that I have had for 20 months. I did run a very mild 8.5 in my 210v3 and found it is also very easy to drive and again a touch more steering could be used but it is so close. I only raced the car two weeks so didn't even get close on all the things I want to try on it.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Gearing question!

I've ordered an rdrp 83t machined spur gear and a new 10.5t\3400kv motor for my 210, what would you think would be a good sice of pinion to start with?
Do you think i'm good with an 23-24 pinion on an medium sice, quite technical track?
It's not a common sice for me, as i've only used the kit 87t spur gears yet!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am running a 9.5t motor on grass, 81 spur and 26 pinion with some boost. My boys the have 13.5 and are running stock 81/28 if that helps.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pistol123
I am running a 9.5t motor on grass, 81 spur and 26 pinion with some boost. My boys the have 13.5 and are running stock 81/28 if that helps.
Thanks, that helps allready!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well, I think I am going to go to my standard colors for wheels here. I just can't do the yellow wheel thing lol. So there will be a whole bunch of wheels and tire sets up for sale soon, lots of indoor style tires with molded inserts.

Anyway, I am looking to go to white wheels, so I figure I'll look into the 12mm setup and see if its worth it. Right now, I am looking at these for the rear:

DER-BB-LRW DE Racing Borrego Buggy Wheels TLR 22/AE B4 Rear White

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEXW&P=7

That sound about right?

As for the front, I am not sure what works. I want the same style of wheel, and I see one type listed for the RB5/B4 and another listed for the TL22. Which of these works?

I am also looking at getting the exotek 12mm front hex setup here:

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-1...-axles-1-pair/

or, I am thinking this:

ASC91406 B5 Hexes

any opinions on these? I am assuming they work the same for fitment, thats the main thing I am wondering.

Lastly, with the current TD330382 steering set being very hard to fine, I was thinking of getting this from exotek:

http://www.exotekracing.com/desc210-...steering-hubs/

any opinions on that?

Last edited by Cain; 02-01-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
The bump steer problem is from the fact that I can't get the outer ball stud up high enough, or conversely the inner down lower. What is the inner stud location height compared to the stock 210 rack? If it's lower, that's a good thing.

Although my frustrations continue, I did just go ahead and buy the Exotek rear bulkhead and top shaft.
Fred,

Did you get/install your exotek parts allready!
I wanted to rebuilt my gearbox three weeks ago and install the exotek flite top shaft, but the long slipper screw wont go thrue the top shaft!
First i thought, my screw was bend and i've ordered a new one, but i hade the same problem again, so i had to buy an 3.1 mm drill bit today and will drill through the top shaft!

Edit: It's not a big deal, but i was a little dissapointed!

Just want to inform you in case, to look at!

Last edited by micholix; 02-01-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micholix
Fred,

Did you get/install your exotek parts allready!
I wanted to rebuilt my gearbox three weeks ago and install the exotek flite top shaft, but the long slipper screw wont go thrue the top shaft!
First i thought, my screw was bend and i've ordered a new one, but i hade the same problem again, so i had to buy an 3.1 mm drill bit today and will drill through the top shaft!

Edit: It's not a big deal, but i was a little dissapointed!

Just want to inform you in case, to look at!
Yikes, that's weird. I have bought probably 4 of these top shafts and never had an issue. Did you try to contact exotek? I had an issue with a part not getting shipped out and they responded back right away. Maybe they would send you a new top shaft. Anyway, glad you figured it out even though it was a pain.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
well, I think I am going to go to my standard colors for wheels here. I just can't do the yellow wheel thing lol. So there will be a whole bunch of wheels and tire sets up for sale soon, lots of indoor style tires with molded inserts.

Anyway, I am looking to go to white wheels, so I figure I'll look into the 12mm setup and see if its worth it. Right now, I am looking at these for the rear:

DER-BB-LRW DE Racing Borrego Buggy Wheels TLR 22/AE B4 Rear White

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEXW&P=7

That sound about right?

As for the front, I am not sure what works. I want the same style of wheel, and I see one type listed for the RB5/B4 and another listed for the TL22. Which of these works?

I am also looking at getting the exotek 12mm front hex setup here:

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-1...-axles-1-pair/

or, I am thinking this:

ASC91406 B5 Hexes

any opinions on these? I am assuming they work the same for fitment, thats the main thing I am wondering.

Lastly, with the current TD330382 steering set being very hard to fine, I was thinking of getting this from exotek:

http://www.exotekracing.com/desc210-...steering-hubs/

any opinions on that?
I just put the Exotek titanium axles on my Durango for this weekends race and they are so much nicer than the stock plastic stuff. I really like mine. Took 1 minute to install.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Laker67
Yikes, that's weird. I have bought probably 4 of these top shafts and never had an issue. Did you try to contact exotek? I had an issue with a part not getting shipped out and they responded back right away. Maybe they would send you a new top shaft. Anyway, glad you figured it out even though it was a pain.
No, i did'nt contact them, neather my lhs i've got it from!
As i sayed, it is not a big deal and that things can happen.
My brother is working on cnc machines and a lathe, sorry, i do not know the word/name in english, for that kind of a job, and he can do that for me, so it will be a quick job for him...
Old 02-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes I got it all installed. I haven't driven it yet though. The gearbox mod was fun. Lots of dremel work to do. The top shaft went in without a hitch.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I just put the Exotek titanium axles on my Durango for this weekends race and they are so much nicer than the stock plastic stuff. I really like mine. Took 1 minute to install.
cool. how do they feel? like durable? I am looking to order that or some B5 axles for a good price.

just having a good ol time finding the steering hub .

what wheels are you using by the way up front?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.