Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I just put the Avid slipper in. I will try it on the track this Friday. I put an Avid slipper in my Kyosho SC-R. It works great.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
You can use a 12mm hex adapter from the B4 from Yaiba, JC, or Avid to use your existing rears. I'm not aware of any conversion to use the Losi fronts, though you can do a conversion to use AE/Kyosho 12mm fronts using the spindle assembly from the Durango ST/SC and a 12mm hex adapter.
Part #s for the front ?

Thx in advance.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Mark
all of the chassis parts are available, through Great Planes. They are in stock. I ordered both DEX210 buggy, and DESC210 truck chassis parts as required. The option blocks are not available. You cannot find the part # by a quick search, the parts are located under the kit replacement parts. I dont know why they cant be found otherwise.
Thanks Raul! I'll give that a try. Was really looking for the new RF and RR blocks to eliminate those freeking pivot balls. Touch a pipe,BAM ! out comes the ball and there goes another R/F block!

Mark Smith
Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

alloy blocks also solve that VVV
Old 06-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
Sorry I'm not searching for this info but I'm in a rush!

A) what's the benefit to handling of a +8mm chassis? Also what are the benefits of a std chassis?

B) what is the benefits of a avid slipper clutch?

C) any none kit parts you wish you bought straight away, or could afford?

D) are low profile high speed servos a good choice or do they lack the torque needed? I'm thinking sanwa sdx-801 or futaba bls-551?

E) any advice for carpet running? Tires, or anything I might not know? I've never ran an off road car.

Thanks a lot !
Andy
Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone
Hi guys,

A) what's the benefit to handling of a +8mm chassis? Also what are the benefits of a std chassis?

D) are low profile high speed servos a good choice or do they lack the torque needed? I'm thinking sanwa sdx-801 or futaba bls-551?

E) any advice for carpet running? Tires, or anything I might not know? I've never ran an off road car.

Thanks a lot !
Andy
Will chime in on a few.

B-I think the stock slipper works great on carpet. Avid should have more adjustably for dirt/loose surfaces though.

D- a bls551 will work fine...but since you usually add weight up front anyway...I would just use a standard servo. Depending on how big your esc is you might be able to get away with running mm4,esc in battery tray and full size lipo with a l.p. servo...but I have not tried (I might look into this...)

E-I am running Dboots Terabytes in the rear and Schumacher Cut Stagger low profile in the front.

When you get time...search through the thread...Plenty of good info here.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-12-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot !
Andy
C) CF rear tower and a good steering rack. I broke 3 towers before I got a cf one and the steering rack broke leaving me unable to race that day.

E) dboots or shumacher mini pins all around. I'd also suggest a gear diff for carpet. You'll also want a pretty stiff spring selection for carpet. And last but not least, be prepared to traction roll alot the first time you run carpet. And of course I almost forgot, run the car in mm4!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
C) CF rear tower and a good steering rack. I broke 3 towers before I got a cf one and the steering rack broke leaving me unable to race that day.

E) dboots or shumacher mini pins all around. I'd also suggest a gear diff for carpet. You'll also want a pretty stiff spring selection for carpet. And last but not least, be prepared to traction roll alot the first time you run carpet. And of course I almost forgot, run the car in mm4!
What are the best steering racks "for the price"?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Mark
all of the chassis parts are available, through Great Planes. They are in stock. I ordered both DEX210 buggy, and DESC210 truck chassis parts as required. The option blocks are not available. You cannot find the part # by a quick search, the parts are located under the kit replacement parts. I dont know why they cant be found otherwise.
Great planes but not Tower? I still can't find it in the site yet.

Originally Posted by gticlay
Several different options:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCMXD&P=7

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Steering-Plate

http://www.tresrey-usa.com/tresrey-c...teering-plate/

If you want to save a couple of $, I got an Durango aluminum rack sitting around. $5. Just have to be okay with me packing it in paper and a envelope. Don't wanna have to run to the post office. PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
good price... great quality (not as cheap as the Durango one on Tower Hobbies though....)
http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...steering-link/
Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default trying to save a few bucks

will the avid layshaft ($15) fit AE slipper setup with spurs?
or are the slipper plates different also?
i want to us my B4 suprs but dont want to spend the $$ on the tresrey shaft kit.($30)
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Plus 11mm chassis and Low Roll Centre rear suspension mounts for my 210. Going to try it with mid-motor as this car seems best with more steering than less.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RD Steering plate

Glad this came up as I had some problems the other night.

I switched my steering plate to a RD. Day before race I had no issues, or I didn't notice any. However day of race my steering was over rotating during RT turns and locking up. I attempted to compensate with my radio to adjust the throw of the servo but just ended up losing to much steering. Adjusted toe out. Nothing Bump the rail the right way and I locked up. Just to clarify locking to the outside.

Several guys at the track looked at it and they couldn't figure it out either. Ended up switching back to stock and issue was gone.

Did I waste 15 bucks?? or another product I should have got.

Matt

Last edited by Hazzmatt1; 06-12-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: no comment
Old 06-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hazzmatt1
Glad this came up as I had some problems the other night.

I switched my steering plate to a RD. Day before race I had no issues, or I didn't notice any. However day of race my steering was over rotating during RT turns and locking up. I attempted to compensate with my radio to adjust the throw of the servo but just ended up losing to much steering. Adjusted toe out. Nothing Bump the rail the right way and I locked up. Just to clarify locking to the outside.

Several guys at the track looked at it and they couldn't figure it out either. Ended up switching back to stock and issue was gone.

Did I waste 15 bucks?? or another product I should have got.

Matt
Which one? The original or the r2 plate? Looks like the r2 plate was designed to be run with no washers under the steering block ball studs. Perhaps that is your problem? If you're running an original style plate did you make sure to use the same ackerman position? (I know, stupid question, but needs to be asked anyway).
Old 06-13-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Smittydidit
Thanks Raul! I'll give that a try. Was really looking for the new RF and RR blocks to eliminate those freeking pivot balls. Touch a pipe,BAM ! out comes the ball and there goes another R/F block!

Mark Smith
Ok so I installed my new chassis on my SC. It was super dialed everything worked great. You are able to continue to use the original RF mount if you have a alloy one, bit the RR block has to be modified to use if you want alloy ones to fit. The front bulkhead must use the new plastic ones. The truck drove better than ever last night. For those who are using the +8 plastic chassis you wont be disappointed.

Go to your local hobby shop to order the parts, they will have a GP dealer account, and they can find the parts.

Last edited by Raul Garcia; 06-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.