Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Subscribed!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My brand new DEX210 showed up today. I will be running all the new STRC parts that Steve just came out with on the car. All aluminum on my new car will be the gun metal and will have the new graphite towers STRC makes as well.

This will be the buggy I run for the fall/winter indoor season. By reading over this thread some and seeing a few of them run it looks to be a nice car. Going to start building the car this weekend some and finish by the end of new weekend. Will get a few pics posted with the new STRC parts on the car.

Any good setups to start with for a med/to high bite indoor clay track with some medium jumps and a few tight 180's. Will be running RM3 for the tranny. Tire of choice for most is the Gold Bar Code. I seen a few setups but unlike the Losi or Associated it seem like the guys running the Durango have some many setups but nothing that seems to be to be close on all setups other than ride height.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
My brand new DEX210 showed up today. I will be running all the new STRC parts that Steve just came out with on the car. All aluminum on my new car will be the gun metal and will have the new graphite towers STRC makes as well.

This will be the buggy I run for the fall/winter indoor season. By reading over this thread some and seeing a few of them run it looks to be a nice car. Going to start building the car this weekend some and finish by the end of new weekend. Will get a few pics posted with the new STRC parts on the car.

Any good setups to start with for a med/to high bite indoor clay track with some medium jumps and a few tight 180's. Will be running RM3 for the tranny. Tire of choice for most is the Gold Bar Code. I seen a few setups but unlike the Losi or Associated it seem like the guys running the Durango have some many setups but nothing that seems to be to be close on all setups other than ride height.
yea i got them alloy top shock caps in gun metal but i cant put em on cuz im having a hard time popping out the d type little mount thingies in my stock top caps
Old 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenng
yea i got them alloy top shock caps in gun metal but i cant put em on cuz im having a hard time popping out the d type little mount thingies in my stock top caps
They pop in one direction, look closely at the caps you can see one side is a bit larger.

Take a 2.5mm hex wrench put it on the wider side and they pop right out.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Thanks for the info on the 0 degree inserts. About to order them.

How do you like the steering plate someone mentioned not liking them compared to the tresrey cf rack a few pages ago but never said why.

RDRP is quickly becoming a favorite of mines.

Durango. I just got a DEX210 with JConcepts hex's on them. So that works also.

Haha. You did the same thing I did
hi shagino. yea that was me that posted about switching back to the tresrey rack. i think i needed to play around with getting tie rods dead equal with r2 rack but i just couldnt seem to get it to the same amount of left and right turn radius. one side turned fine and the other was wide and i know what im doing w epa and the radio and what not, i needed extra time with it to play around that i just didnt have that day, therefore tresrey went back on. the other thing that got me nervous was the way it attaches to the bellcranks. its threaded on the rack so for a clean look i used i think an m3x8mm screw so it was flush with rack similar to rdrp pics. so that meant going from locknut to threadlock for secure attachment to bellcranks. i like a clean look and all but i also like not having them screws drop out on me on some random turn 2 months from now. hope that helps!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

WYD, Welcome to the clan!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango..._RCHR20120323/
Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenng
hi shagino. yea that was me that posted about switching back to the tresrey rack. i think i needed to play around with getting tie rods dead equal with r2 rack but i just couldnt seem to get it to the same amount of left and right turn radius. one side turned fine and the other was wide and i know what im doing w epa and the radio and what not, i needed extra time with it to play around that i just didnt have that day, therefore tresrey went back on. the other thing that got me nervous was the way it attaches to the bellcranks. its threaded on the rack so for a clean look i used i think an m3x8mm screw so it was flush with rack similar to rdrp pics. so that meant going from locknut to threadlock for secure attachment to bellcranks. i like a clean look and all but i also like not having them screws drop out on me on some random turn 2 months from now. hope that helps!
Thanks. Good info here. I'd switch back too. Just thought the concept was cool.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I have been running my buggy in the RM3 mode since I picked it up just about two months ago. I was making progress in my set ups on a weekly basis. I decided to try the MM4 mode to see how the buggy would run. I run on an indoor dirt track, it is 40 x 60, in size. I really like the MM4 mode. I have the stock chassis. I left my set up the same except that I shortened the wheel base. The buggy handled great. If you have any doubts about giving the MM4 a try, do not hesitate. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coltsfan
I have been running my buggy in the RM3 mode since I picked it up just about two months ago. I was making progress in my set ups on a weekly basis. I decided to try the MM4 mode to see how the buggy would run. I run on an indoor dirt track, it is 40 x 60, in size. I really like the MM4 mode. I have the stock chassis. I left my set up the same except that I shortened the wheel base. The buggy handled great. If you have any doubts about giving the MM4 a try, do not hesitate. Just my 2 cents.
this man tells no lies
Old 06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I know that this is not entirely related to this thread bit this thread gets a lot more traffic then the stadium truck thread. So here goes.
I broke the chassis on my st tonight and I was wondering since they don't make a aluminum chassis foe the st if the dex210 stock aluminum chassis would fit on it. Does anyone k ow if they are the same placement? I'm also wondering if the dex chassis is shorter and by how much? Does anyone know the length of the 2? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

15k diff oil | 450cst Rear shock oil | 500cst front shock oil | +10 Tresrey Chassis | Novak KinetiC w/6.5 Motor | 81T-21T

Last edited by SCT4TEN; 06-01-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khador12
Yes, and they have stock track width
Are you guys have to shim the hex or it's a direct fit without modification?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Are you guys have to shim the hex or it's a direct fit without modification?
I use the proline hex and no shimming direct fit. Also a little bit wider rear wont hurt it will actually add some steering. I also run modified rb6 front hexes.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-1370092488955.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.