Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thanks for the info.

I am confused about the spur gears, searching tower I see some at over $12 a gear, and then a couple in the more reasonable $4 range. Is there some big difference that I am missing between the two?

For those running the Mid Motor setup on high bite / carpet, what hopups did you feel were needed to get the vehicle to perform, like that Tresrey rear weight?

My car is all stock right now, going to give it the full rebuild into MM and plan to use shorty packs as that is what I have if that helps on any advice.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
TD Black springs for the rear and dk green springs front are a good baseline for medium/high grip tracks. If you already have them, Losi and Kyosho big bore springs are direct fit as well, but you would have to match up the rates. There is a handy spring chart on petitrc.com that has all manufacturers springs on one sheet.
This is helpful. I just wanted a place to start and then can go up and down from there. I have the spring chart, gear chart, oil chart, got em all.

It looks like Losi pink or yellow are close to the black for the rear, and Losi silver for the front. I have them all from my 22 days. Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Thanks for the info.

I am confused about the spur gears, searching tower I see some at over $12 a gear, and then a couple in the more reasonable $4 range. Is there some big difference that I am missing between the two?

For those running the Mid Motor setup on high bite / carpet, what hopups did you feel were needed to get the vehicle to perform, like that Tresrey rear weight?

My car is all stock right now, going to give it the full rebuild into MM and plan to use shorty packs as that is what I have if that helps on any advice.
I run mm4 on carpet. The Aluminum RF Suspension Hanger is needed! I'm also going to buy some harder springs
Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info.

Running mine full stock have the 50g weight but the buggy felt weird. MM4 Shorty plr cut staggered fronts and pin rearsrears. RF from tres would be all I would do
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Im a little confused as to what springs are recommended. I did the four hole piston mod per instructions, used the stock springs, but now i read that the stock springs are designed for mid motor.

I am running rm3, using a 13.5, at SRS or glitch which are both medium grip outdoor tracks. I am getting ok traction but the rear seems a bit bouncy at times. I am using 35wt losi oil in the front and 30 in the rear with 1.3 pistons all around. I have not added any weight.

If other springs are being used, what brand and color?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
I run 4 hole 1.2 and have losi orange fronts with 25 wt and yellow rears 20wt losi....very good.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Thanks for the info.

The more expensive spurs are machined to be lighter. RW Racing make spurs in different sizes that are a bit cheaper than the machined ones http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...dex210&x=0&y=0
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

I'm currently using associated spur gears. Only difference is that the hole that goes on the gear shaft is smaller. All you have to do is ream the hole just big enough to slide on the shaft.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwings
I'm currently using associated spur gears. Only difference is that the hole that goes on the gear shaft is smaller. All you have to do is ream the hole just big enough to slide on the shaft.

Thanks
Can you suggest a method , drill bit size?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any one hear if there will be DEX210v2 coming out any time soon with the +8 chassis ? Is the + 8 better on the 210 like on the B4.1?? Who has swapped to the RTR chassis, is it too soft?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan-o
Can you suggest a method , drill bit size?
Hey Dan-o
Just get the RW spurs or the Tresrey adapter so AE spurs are direct fit. Pain in the but reaming. It will wobble and the bearing will eventually fail. I know people will say oh it's easy mine don't wobble ...... Trust me. Are u the same guy I gave Losi pins to?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
Hey Dan-o
Just get the RW spurs or the Tresrey adapter so AE spurs are direct fit. Pain in the but reaming. It will wobble and the bearing will eventually fail. I know people will say oh it's easy mine don't wobble ...... Trust me. Are u the same guy I gave Losi pins to?
this^^^^
the rw spurs are top notch and pom material!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well I guess I shot myself in the foot with this one.

I replaced all the ball studs and ball cups with jConcepts cups and TC6 studs. Today while practicing, I pulled a ball stud out of the rear hub, and 10 minutes later broke the rear camber mount and ripped out the ball stud. So now I have to replace the transmission case.

It appears the Durango ball cups as soft and flexible as they are, absorb some of the impact and prevent breakage. Doh.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you pickup one of these you won't need to replace your transmission case and you can avoid that ever happening again.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
Hey Dan-o
YEP... same person... just made the switch to durango....hope to hit BFG soon!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use an AE spur aswell, just made the hole bigger, it's not perfect but it works, I am ordering a proper one in my next order though.

I also got some 3 Racing 1mm and 2mm shims, less than $3 a packet of 10 (and different colours available) which I also just put on mine.
Looks much better and got rid of the slop/bind in the suspension.
Only downside is they are smaller outside diameter compared to the stock ones.

The only slop I have now is the rear inner pivot, about .5mm+ back and forth play on the arms.
Don't think im gonna bother improving it though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.