Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im sure that could cause it too lol like i said, being a 2.5mm hex gives it a rather this sidewall and it gives way easy. Not a big deal tho as long as you know of the problem.

so far ive only popped on ballcap off using the stock ones and it was because i landed sideways on the rear tire. Im extremely happy with my buggy, i have driven the 22 and a b4.1 before but the dex210 isnt even in the same competition bracket.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
In order to use JC ballcups you need AE TC5 ballstuds, which have metric threads but the standars AE size ball. I think you will need the 10mm "short" studs to keep the ballstud height the same, but maybe someone else can chime in on that.
I am on my way to the hobby shop this afternoon. I picked up some Losi 22 ball studs to replace the one I broke up front but found it was 4.8 and the Durango appears to be around 4.5 according to my gauge. So that will not work.

Short of ordering a complete Lunsford set, is there a ball stud I can use in the meantime to replace the broken Durango?

I just want to get up and running again and only need one ball stud. My local shop does not carry Durango. Is there another brand I can use?

Worst case scenario is my local shop does not have something that will work. I know they carry TC5 parts. So if I buy TC5 ball studs, and JConcepts cups can I use the same turnbuckles? or do I need to replace them as well? Aftermarket ball cups seem to be shorter and I am afraid the stock turnbuckles will then be too short.

I know everyone is going to say "Buy the Lunsford set" which I will do... but to get through the week what other ideas do you guys have?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I am on my way to the hobby shop this afternoon. I picked up some Losi 22 ball studs to replace the one I broke up front but found it was 4.8 and the Durango appears to be around 4.5 according to my gauge. So that will not work.

Short of ordering a complete Lunsford set, is there a ball stud I can use in the meantime to replace the broken Durango?

I just want to get up and running again and only need one ball stud. My local shop does not carry Durango. Is there another brand I can use?

Worst case scenario is my local shop does not have something that will work. I know they carry TC5 parts. So if I buy TC5 ball studs, and JConcepts cups can I use the same turnbuckles? or do I need to replace them as well? Aftermarket ball cups seem to be shorter and I am afraid the stock turnbuckles will then be too short.

I know everyone is going to say "Buy the Lunsford set" which I will do... but to get through the week what other ideas do you guys have?
There are no other ballstud that work with the stock ballcups, but you should be able to use the std turnbuckle with the JC cups.

Here's my .02- the only issue I've ever had was with the turnbuckles popping off during adjustment, never during a race. I stumbled into this discovery, but AE turnbuckles are fractionally smaller and do not "step up" at the shank. I installed a full set on my new DESC210 with the stock regular ballcups (no kinked ones), greased and pre-threaded them as I always do, and they work flawlessly. I'm a big fan of the design of the stock ballcups as you don't have to pop them off to make adjustments to link positions. I know that doesn't help you replace a ballstud though...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

zipperfoot,
you could use TC5 ballstuds and RPM ballcups...they will thread onto the Durango bones.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanx Werner, but I'll most likely be driving MINE!! LoL.

Thanx Johnny5. I come from Associated vehicles. And on those I always used the RPM ballcups in white...just cause they matched.

I feel I'll have no problems with the ballstuds and cups. But I would like figure out how to get blingtastic white ballcups someday. LoL.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot

Hey Zipper, the 22 ballstuds will work with Losi (of course) or Kyosho..Use the one you bought, and find a guy with either car and see if they have a spare cup.. I swapped mine, although I never had an issue ever, because I had a ton of Losi and Kyosho parts already, and I broke a stud using the wrong hex, the front tower stud is at an angle, and a ball hex is the way to go, I found out..
Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Hi, I'm building mine MM4 and when I installed the plastic gear cover on the motor plate it scrubs a little on the gear cover. Is this common or I missed something?
Is the spur or the pinion touching? What gearing? When Cush ran blinky 17.5 last year I had to dremel the gear cover a bit around the pinion for gear clearance running 75/35, or you may be able to just slide the pinion towards the motor plate a bit. If it's the spur rubbing, then I would think something is assembled wrong- unless you have an AE gear on there. I've seen an AE gear be a little wider and rub the cover.
No, all durango. Is the stock spur (I think 87t). I also have a 81t that I will try. It rubs just a little but I'll verify if I did something wrong.
On another note, the esc arrived and some mini pins, wow tires smell like crap!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Welcome aboard man!

Did you by chance look at this: http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4915. The concept of not having to pop a ballcup to make a camber link adjustment is really useful, and worth giving another shot. We still use stock cups on all our TD cars and very rarely pop one off.

In addition to what the article says, I like to enlarge the hole the ball cup (where the link threads in) with an 1/8 drill bit, about 3/16-1/4in deep. This allows the shank to move freely if you run a short camber link position.
I did ream out the holes for the turnbuckles to thread into and the cups do not pop off when adjusting camber or toe, only while moving on the track. I also lube the threads with a little chapstick and they turn very easy. Sticker shock on the Lundsford turnbuckle kit has made me decide to try the stock Durango cups one more time. I really like this cars design.

BTW, thanks for welcoming me and for the advice!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Almost complete with the build. Any recommendations for gearing with a 17.5 boosted? Indoor clay track approx. 90x40.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Almost complete with the build. Any recommendations for gearing with a 17.5 boosted? Indoor clay track approx. 90x40.
What speedo you running?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

This is too funny. I fried my LRP speedo in my new 210 last sunday. The bottom melted out and stank up the track. Today, I removed the same type of LRP from my truck to install in my buggy. I also installed a faster servo and the speedo died when I pulled the trigger to test things out. This is the fourth LRP speedo I've had fail this year.
LRP is French for $%#@.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tdiddy
This is too funny. I fried my LRP speedo in my new 210 last sunday. The bottom melted out and stank up the track. Today, I removed the same type of LRP from my truck to install in my buggy. I also installed a faster servo and the speedo died when I pulled the trigger to test things out. This is the fourth LRP speedo I've had fail this year.
LRP is French for $%#@.
Yeah, heard they have been having issues..The older models seem to be more reliable..I have always liked Tekin, but am currently running a Speed Passion Reventon R in mine, and it feels good..
Old 09-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

I'm told LRP had a bad run of BEC's in their speedos. I know every one I've had in the past year showed the same issue. You're flying along and all of a sudden the car just turns off. No warning. And you can't turn it back on.

It's funny, I remember my Novak T4 ran for at least 4 years in the early 90's!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hate to say this but Traxxas Rustler turnbuckel end will fit on the stock buckels. Just have to through bolt and shim to your likeing. You will almost never have one come off after that. Will cost about $7 U.S. to change over the hole car. Had to do this on my Desc210.

Last edited by Tunatsol; 09-26-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tunatsol
Hate to say this but Traxxas Rustler turnbuckel end will fit on the stock buckels. Just have to through bolt and shim to your likeing. You will almost never have one come off after that. Will cost about $7 U.S. to change over the hole car. Had to do this on my Desc210.
you got any part numbers mate please

i am not having any trouble lately but like to have things on hand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.