Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
8.5 is a lot of motor for a 2wd buggy .
Yes but depends on the track, I have a 6.5 in mine and its needed. Swapping it over from a 8.5 helped the temps as well as the top end
It helped ME might not work for others!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
gear mesh problem ? so the driveling without the motor seems smooth spinning tires or spur to check the pinion on the motor spins smooth but as soon as the pinion and spur mesh no matter how tight or loose the mesh is it feels like its skipping gears on the spur when i spin the wheels gearing is 24 81 rm3 ,, any ideas? ive already taken it all apart and everything looks fine and it was put together right , and i just drove it with no problems walked up stairs and then it started ,, by the way thanks for the forum thats why i bought this buggy i love it after only driving a slash 4x4 and last rc were in 03 back in the brushed motor days
Sensor wire maybe? Could just be motor cogging. Or, too much rear droop- does it do it only on the bench with the suspension fully drooped, or is it while driving? Sometimes with too much droop the dogbone can click on the outdrive.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Sensor wire maybe? Could just be motor cogging. Or, too much rear droop- does it do it only on the bench with the suspension fully drooped, or is it while driving? Sometimes with too much droop the dogbone can click on the outdrive.
on the bench only it runs fine the diff needs to be tightend a little but i dont think that would be it since it does it by spinning the spur and pinion
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

+1 on all of these thoughts. You won't like this answer, but I think the best thing to do is to start eliminating the potential culprits one by one. I would check into the items that Jonny5 suggested as they are common problems. If that doesn't work then try a different spur, pinion, motor, you will find the problem eventually if you keep swapping out the parts one by one. Not always the funnest to diagnose it this way, but it usually gets the job done.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by P6
on the bench only it runs fine the diff needs to be tightend a little but i dont think that would be it since it does it by spinning the spur and pinion
I think it is probably the droop then as jonny5 suggested.
try to lift the arms a little with your hands and see if the sound goes away.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by P6
Is this your first brushless? They do make an odd clicking noise when you turn them over by hand and it's completely normal.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
P6
Tech Addict

im gonna try a different spur droop has no affect but i notice if i spin both wheels at the same time going forward or reverse the spur bounces maybe user errof and i put a washer in the wrong spot or something , the thing is super fast tho to bad i tested without a body and ripped the antenna wire down to about an inch lol good thing i already planned on upgrading from this traxxas crap
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 AM
P6
Tech Addict

no the motor is smooth little cog sensorless but not bad and i know the feeling when u spin the rotor and it feels magnetic
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by P6
im gonna try a different spur droop has no affect but i notice if i spin both wheels at the same time going forward or reverse the spur bounces maybe user errof and i put a washer in the wrong spot or something , the thing is super fast tho to bad i tested without a body and ripped the antenna wire down to about an inch lol good thing i already planned on upgrading from this traxxas crap
I would try taking the pinion off and spining both tires forward by hand and take a look at the spur and see if it is wobbling or out of center. If it is, then your problem lies with it or somewhere in the tranny. If not, then look at the motor shaft, maybe it is bent.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM
P6
Tech Addict

thank u guys so much for all the replies everything was good , bought it used and the pitch of the spur is wrong
Old 07-03-2012, 11:27 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Is this your first brushless? They do make an odd clicking noise when you turn them over by hand and it's completely normal.
what spur and pinion combos are u running outdoors at leisure since i have to buy new spurs im gonna just get sets of about six each to test
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by P6
what spur and pinion combos are u running outdoors at leisure since i have to buy new spurs im gonna just get sets of about six each to test
81 spur for sure, and I think pinion is at 25 with an 8.5 SP motor mildly boosted.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
Do u time down the motor on smaller tracks I have the 8.5 reedy with a brushlesshobbies 120a and 65c nanotech packs I'm trying to figure out if I should turn up the motor or just leave it at 20 and mess with the esc
I am usually at 20 timing and no boost on my home track but this track had a 160 ft front straight.
Motor was 110 degrees and speedo came off at 125 degree's after the first aaa main. others didn't count since I popped a ball cup and stopped trying just finished the race to get the pts.

Also I adjust timing when I cant get a spur/pinion to gear for what I want on a track. This track was somewhat loose so I just upped the timing and the car felt a lot more planted. I had boosted it first to go with the straight and timed later when they said their running the track dry and letting it groove up. Day 1 was wet day 2 was dry very little water at all.

Last edited by nolimit208; 07-04-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
does anybody else find this ride height strange
LOL ya 21/20 was the ride height.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P6
Mine was doing what your describing before and it ended up being my out drives i pulled them apart and re assembled them and it went away, the set pin that holds it together just wasn't seeded correctly I think.

Best of luck narrowing it down but think with all the pointers that have been given one of these should resolve it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.