Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

my buddy painted me the finnisher body for my dex210

Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umm winning
... Really? Do you have anything good to say about the rb5? Geeze... After all of your diff upgrades, and tresrey items your in a deeper hole. Durango is not that far from $300, their parts aren't that cheap either. What tracks are you at in LB?
I have a B-Fast Diff upgrade that I would put in any car I buy so I dont count that. Only aftermarket part I have is the CF Ackermann plate. I wouldnt even have had that if I hadn't ruined the stock unit by my own stupidity. OC/RC, and West Coast occasionally. The car is just fine by it's self, even the Diff is fine if built and set correctly. I have plenty good to say about the RB5. The shocks are the best hands down, The parts fit and wear are near perfect. What I dont like? $18.00 per pair springs, Having to buy 2 sets of arms the get one set. And the fact that Jeff (Speedtech) is basically the only source for parts. Tresrey Items are nice, but for me uneccesary as I dont run them. No breakage issues as of yet and I have run the car ALOT since I have had it, had some major crashes, had 8th scale cars land directly on my shock towers which according to earlier threads should have snapped them both like twigs, and nothing for me, except the occasional ball stud popping off (again after a pretty serious crash), but that happens to every car. I built my car according to all of the tips and tricks on the Team Durango site and all is well. As far as parts being expensive. The WC edition Shocks towers for an RB5 each are $10.00. for $6.99 you get both with a Durango. Many many things are cheaper on this car then any other car out including AE and of quality close to if not as good as Kyosho at a much better price point. It is not expensive compared at all.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I have a B-Fast Diff upgrade that I would put in any car I buy so I dont count that. Only aftermarket part I have is the CF Ackermann plate. I wouldnt even have had that if I hadn't ruined the stock unit by my own stupidity. OC/RC, and West Coast occasionally. The car is just fine by it's self, even the Diff is fine if built and set correctly. I have plenty good to say about the RB5. The shocks are the best hands down, The parts fit and wear are near perfect. What I dont like? $18.00 per pair springs, Having to buy 2 sets of arms the get one set. And the fact that Jeff (Speedtech) is basically the only source for parts. Tresrey Items are nice, but for me uneccesary as I dont run them. No breakage issues as of yet and I have run the car ALOT since I have had it, had some major crashes, had 8th scale cars land directly on my shock towers which according to earlier threads should have snapped them both like twigs, and nothing for me, except the occasional ball stud popping off (again after a pretty serious crash), but that happens to every car. I built my car according to all of the tips and tricks on the Team Durango site and all is well. As far as parts being expensive. The WC edition Shocks towers for an RB5 each are $10.00. for $6.99 you get both with a Durango. Many many things are cheaper on this car then any other car out including AE and of quality close to if not as good as Kyosho at a much better price point. It is not expensive compared at all.
+1

The car is solid. It's a race car....things break. The RB5 is a great car! I enjoyed it but hated having to stock parts for it. Plus, like John said, the parts are very expensive. I know expense is relative. But part per part the 210 is cheaper. I run my 210 fully loaded up with TeamSR stuff. Not because I have to but because I choose to. The only parts I recommend are the RF toe block and the steering link. Some have broken, others have not.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1

+1 I have to agree. TD spare parts are actually very competitively priced compared to others. Their kit price is a little higher, but not that much. When I owned a Kyosho SC, almost everything they sell is priced higher and a lot harder to get. But their shocks ARE the best out there.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by umm winning
... Really? Do you have anything good to say about the rb5? Geeze... After all of your diff upgrades, and tresrey items your in a deeper hole. Durango is not that far from $300, their parts aren't that cheap either. What tracks are you at in LB?

How much is a set of Kyosho big bores with springs? I came from an RB5 and the mains reason i switched was because of those 20.00 rear axles that are super brittle and because i didnt want to spend 220.00 to upgrade my shocks. The RB drives great but Geeesh they are expensive! its a know fact that Kyosho is expensive, have your priced out an e buggy lately? Only upgrade you need for the 210 is a rear shock tower and..........
Old 06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Turnbuckles instead of the rear brace.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Turnbuckles instead of the rear brace.

Nice, dont like the way that top piece mounts, kinda a pain to get at the sway bar set screws. I just removed the screws that come up frome the bottom, and used set screws as locating pins, should be good, plus now I can remove just that top brace to access the sway bar.

built up a 1.3mm bar for it today,

May try your idea too.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Heres a clearer pic. Where did u get the sway bar?

Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sway bar is from my parts bin, originally for a TOP Photon tc. If the HD ball cups give me problems, I will use TOP cups and balls as well, as you can see on the pic, the TOP cups are massive and never gave me any problems.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Heres a clearer pic. Where did u get the sway bar?

Personally, I would mount the ball studs on the top of the trans, not under as you have done, the greater angle would give more rigidity. Which is the point of the links( or top plate). As you have it, it probably is not giving much, if any.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know if the STRC 14mm clamping wheel hexes made for the Traxxas Stampede fit this car?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not that it matters..... But ithink imo. The rb5 is an overpriced b4. Whatever...... I decided to buy a 210 after trying all the buggys that r out.... N so far i havent had an issue... If u build it right,drive it right, and maintain it right just like any Rc i dont c where the problems come from
but thats my 2 cents...... No disrespect to anyone
Old 06-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
Personally, I would mount the ball studs on the top of the trans, not under as you have done, the greater angle would give more rigidity. Which is the point of the links( or top plate). As you have it, it probably is not giving much, if any.
I tested both ways. Seemed more solid this way. No awkward forces on the ball cups. Perfectly parallel to chassis. I could mount it on top with the schumacher cougar front bendy bits so its parallel to chassis but like this way better. Pushing the gearbox in forward is super rigid both ways. Pulling it backward is where the brace helped and this arrangement works. Plus those titaniums are way stronger than the plastic brace.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

New Cream brass bulkhead installed, and a top view of my layout.
They were somehow flipped upside down when uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-brass-bulkhead.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-dex210-top-view.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tested both ways. Seemed more solid this way. No awkward forces on the ball cups. Perfectly parallel to chassis. I could mount it on top with the schumacher cougar front bendy bits so its parallel to chassis but like this way better. Pushing the gearbox in forward is super rigid both ways. Pulling it backward is where the brace helped and this arrangement works. Plus those titaniums are way stronger than the plastic brace.
Thats cool, whatever works for you Just saying, that from an engineering point of view, something that is triangulated will be more ridged than something that is boxed. The Ti may be strong, but the assembly is only as strong as the weakest part, in this case, the ball cups. The plastic OEM part, with much more surface area under a clamping load from the multiple fasteners, will be stronger in compression and tension, and much stronger in torsional loading. The ball cup link design will have no torsional strength at all due to the balls. That being said, the increased flex (torsional) should be a good thing on low traction surfaces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.