Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice
Any suggestions for more off power steering? Cant get it to rotate around tight enough.
Where is your trailing at? If your at -4 try -3.
Lighter oil up front. I run 32.5 Losi.
Could also try lead in the nose. I squeezed 1/2 in mine. There are pockets in the bulkhead that are perfect for this.
Softer front spring.
Stiffer rear spring.
Rear hubs all the way back.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Have you ever tried a shorty? This car responds better top a shorty than any other car I have driven..
I havent, whats your thought on that? Putting it forward would add some weight?

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
how much anti-squat in the rear? usually more anti-squat will let the car rotate better in the corners

Dont remember, see the front adjustment but not the rear..?? From reading up it says it affects the rear if changed....not true?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

more antisquat will lock the rear end in when your on-power and let it rotate more when your off-power. Check to see what your running, this is kinda an important setting.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I havent, whats your thought on that? Putting it forward would add some weight?
The shorty really lets the weight transfer in this car, I have driven a side by side comparison, and its such a difference. Jumping, cornering etc everything is a little quicker to react. If you dont have one, lmk I have a decent practice pack or 2 that I am looking to sell. They are decent, but are losing their punch towards the end of a run (8-10 min). May be a cheap experiment for you.. I run mine almost all the way forward, about a 1" from the forward mount.

Last edited by flame56mx; 03-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Been trying different things but right now I have
Front -2 camber
Dark Green spring
1.3x4 piston with 35wt losi
Mounted in the middle up top and inner down low
+1 washer to raise roll center
Little bit of toe out

Rear
-1 camber
Light red spring
1.2x4 piston with 25wt losi
Stock toe in

Full size battery is all the way forward. I moved the inner steering link forward from the middle and maybe got a little better turning. Also tried moving the shocks to the outer mount with no change. Raising the roll center helped a tiny bit. Tried all these by themselves. On power seems decent but if I overshoot a turn and let off it swings wide.
Believe it or not, add a tick of drag brake. Its your friend.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Been trying different things but right now I have
Front -2 camber
Dark Green spring
1.3x4 piston with 35wt losi
Mounted in the middle up top and inner down low
+1 washer to raise roll center
Little bit of toe out

Rear
-1 camber
Light red spring
1.2x4 piston with 25wt losi
Stock toe in

Full size battery is all the way forward. I moved the inner steering link forward from the middle and maybe got a little better turning. Also tried moving the shocks to the outer mount with no change. Raising the roll center helped a tiny bit. Tried all these by themselves. On power seems decent but if I overshoot a turn and let off it swings wide.
FYI, adding washers to your camber link lowers your roll center. However, it's still the right direction for what you're looking for.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Believe it or not, add a tick of drag brake. Its your friend.
Hmm, I never thought of that. Not a bad idea at all.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I always run a little bit of drag brake. Really helps the buggy transfer weight easier, and can help in the air getting the noise down easier for those running RM4.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Lots of good ideas to try, thanks.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats a good setup someone can recommend for this track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Im now going from MM to RM and won't get a lot of time for warm up and testing things.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

IMO, I would start here:

-Dark blue front w/40 oil, 1.3 4 hole
-Dark green rear w/35 oil, 1.2 4 hole
-RM4
-Battery all the way back
-Longest wheelbase on front & rear hubs
-3rd inner hole on rear hub
-Neg. 1° all around (go more neg. if you're loosing side bite on outer tire in turns)
-Slight toe out front
-3.5° rear toe
-Whatever tire works for the locals or slicks all around if the clay is tacky

Again, I'm only going off what the track looks like and what those 4wd buggies are driving like.

From what it looks like, it's medium bite clay that isn't very forgiving when traction breaks. Lockdown the tire setup and you're 90% there.

Take some Hot Bodies Gigabites or Proline Square Fuzzies with you, and Bar Codes or BK Bars.
Front tires, probably something in a low profile treaded, like the AKA Vector or Proline Scrubs.

Gear the car for good low-end punch, but make sure the motor you have is smooth in the lower rpm. Easy on the throttle and keep the rear suspension loaded.

Last edited by Autocratic; 03-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
keep the rear suspension loaded.
What do you mean here?
The hand out tires are AKA REBAR SS and AKA S inserts
Should I use a losi shorty or regular size?

With the battery all the way back isn't that going to raise the front on throttle and make it a bit harder to steer? I tried the shorty today on carpet (ahh high grip ) and that happened

Last time I drove there it wasn't with the 210 and they were spraying it with dust ex to help with grip, not sure they will do it here but hopefully the grip will increase during the day and even more for the 4wd the day after.

Have a 410 setup maybe as well?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I have a dex210 for sale. It is in the for sale tread got some extras with it make me an offer for it all or I'll sell the shocks separate from the chassis.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onekiwi
What do you mean here?
The hand out tires are AKA REBAR SS and AKA S inserts
Should I use a losi shorty or regular size?

With the battery all the way back isn't that going to raise the front on throttle and make it a bit harder to steer? I tried the shorty today on carpet (ahh high grip ) and that happened

Last time I drove there it wasn't with the 210 and they were spraying it with dust ex to help with grip, not sure they will do it here but hopefully the grip will increase during the day and even more for the 4wd the day after.

Have a 410 setup maybe as well?
In the world of real car racing, you keep the rear suspension loaded by never really coming off the throttle. In the car I drive, SCCA Formual Vee, the engine is in the middle behind the driver, and in front of the rear wheels. If you lift completely in a turn, the rear-end becomes light and the car rotates very easily, which can sometimes make you spin. By keeping some throttle in the car you don't completely unload the full weight of the rear of the car to the front, and this can help with traction.

With the battery all the way back, it will keep as much weight in the rear-end as possible, which will help with traction. I would definitely try a shorty in practice and see how much grip there is on the track. If there is enough that you can't get the car to turn, move the battery forward some. You can also get more front steering by running trailing axles instead of inline.

Remember it's always easier to take out traction from the car than it is to add it.

Sorry, don't have my 410 yet.

I don't like the AKA Rebar, but that's what you have to use, then it will have to work. I'd try to beat the hell out of the rears as much as possible. The closer you can get those tires to look like slicks, the better. If they allow it, you can also do either one of these mods below. Obviously, try the less noticeable option, being the first one.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10300962-post214.html
Old 03-19-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Whats a good setup someone can recommend for this track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Im now going from MM to RM and won't get a lot of time for warm up and testing things.

Thanks
I use this setup http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...112/index.html

with a fullsize "heavy" stickpack all the way up in the front it gives good steering and still keeping the rear locked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.