Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
this car is really tempting and I may just fall off the a.e slope. Maybe i just had a bad day bc usually my stuff feels real good but this car is really solid looking.

Jmuck ik u switched from b4.1 to this, what are the pros and cons? part breaks? shocks? diffs?

I would like a car that is easier to push harder.
I'm loving this car. The diff is solid and smooth but does not like ceramics as the main diff balls, carbide is the answer. Shocks are butter smooth! I have broken a rear a arm and a front shock tower. Parts are actually less expensive than the B4, but parts availability is spotty. This can be pushed harder and has steering out the ying-yang without breaking loose. It rotates on a dime. Cons are the turnbuckles. Some people have been popping ballcups, but this can be solved by using AE TC5 ballstuds and RPM longshank ball ends. The Ackerman plate is flimsy, recommend the FTW or Tresrey CF piece. The 210 is ass heavy but can be balanced by running a full-sized lipo all the way forward. Pulling a transmission can be a process and definitely not quick like a B4. But the tranny is smooth and bullet proof. Try to see if you can run someone's locally to try. But be careful, you might like it.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I'm loving this car. The diff is solid and smooth but does not like ceramics as the main diff balls, carbide is the answer. Shocks are butter smooth! I have broken a rear a arm and a front shock tower. Parts are actually less expensive than the B4, but parts availability is spotty. This can be pushed harder and has steering out the ying-yang without breaking loose. It rotates on a dime. Cons are the turnbuckles. Some people have been popping ballcups, but this can be solved by using AE TC5 ballstuds and RPM longshank ball ends. The Ackerman plate is flimsy, recommend the FTW or Tresrey CF piece. The 210 is ass heavy but can be balanced by running a full-sized lipo all the way forward. Pulling a transmission can be a process and definitely not quick like a B4. But the tranny is smooth and bullet proof. Try to see if you can run someone's locally to try. But be careful, you might like it.
I love working on my stuff, and thanks i actually have a few guys who run these and they do very well. Will talk to them. B4.1 seems to get funny on the bumps even with chassis and bb springs, still need to try ghea pistons, plus i got about 12 pairs of rear tires with the pin in the back that are new....will talk to u guys on the thread soon
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
I love working on my stuff, and thanks i actually have a few guys who run these and they do very well. Will talk to them. B4.1 seems to get funny on the bumps even with chassis and bb springs, still need to try ghea pistons, plus i got about 12 pairs of rear tires with the pin in the back that are new....will talk to u guys on the thread soon
You can use the 410 rear axle washer in place of the hex adapter to use all those B4.1 rear wheels, so don't let stop you.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Wheel hex pin...that's a first.

I lost one of my pins, so I used a spare XXX-CR hex pin I had. Same size, just a little shorter. I put a dab of CA glue on each pin so they stay in.

I had a good 17.5 race this weekend.

New Revtech worked amazing. Geared 69/35 seemed to be the best, and stock timing. Took 2nd in the A-Main, but should have had first. I messed up the setup to our double/double jumps on one lap and had to roll all four. I was only 1.1 secconds behind the leader at the end who qualified behind me in 5th and was slower in Top 5 and Top 10 average laps by over 500ths.

Completely different setup from last week seemed to work out very well. Had tons of grip and tons of steering. Didn't make a single chassis adjustment all day. The car just wanted to go where I told it. Very happy with the end result.

Have a few things I'll be testing on it next time I'm able to practice. Same pistons front and rear but tapered. Should help make the car even more smooth in the bumps. 12.5 HT rotor for the Revtech and same gearing/timing. With a little more punch I should be able to clear a small single/double whoop section that most people have to roll 3xsingle.
With that HT rotor you'll be able to go up at least two teeth on your pinion and still have more torque. You may need to find a "skinny" pinion though as the 37 I tried rubbed on both the motor screws (buttonheads) and the gear cover. I was able to move the gear out to clear the motor screws but had to run without the gear cover. That Revtech with the HT rotor is a beast though!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get some slipper pads? Everyone seems to be out of stock
Old 02-13-2012, 05:30 AM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
Anyone know where I can get some slipper pads? Everyone seems to be out of stock
I used Associated Slipper Pads and just trimmed them slightly to fit.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis

I am biased but these are the best pads on the market! They do not wear,glaze and you can actually tune for slip and they dont "let go".
no trimming, they are a direct fit.
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_31
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am biased but these are the best pads on the market! They do not wear,glaze and you can actually tune for slip and they dont "let go".
no trimming, they are a direct fit.
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_31
+1,000,000
Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

i'm running the yellow-ish associated pads. perfect for me...
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

I have a setup question. If i use any brakes, my rear end comes out very easily. How do I tune my dex to get rid of this??

Last edited by symmetricon; 02-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

brakes while cornering?

move your battery forward
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
brakes while cornering?

move your battery forward
No, there is a high speed 180, and a stepup, that needs some braking before entering. I have to be extremely easy on the breaks while going straight into the turn. I am running a shorty pack in the middle.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Its hard to say if its your radio settings or the car if its losing grip under braking in a straight line.. i try to dial out brake on my EPA when my car does that. Does the rear end dump real bad while you are braking?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
Its hard to say if its your radio settings or the car if its losing grip under braking in a straight line.. i try to dial out brake on my EPA when my car does that. Does the rear end dump real bad while you are braking?
Well, I like the brakes to be strong, so I can get better mid air correction. Yes, the rear end dumps pretty badly with even a little braking.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Well, I like the brakes to be strong, so I can get better mid air correction. Yes, the rear end dumps pretty badly with even a little braking.
More anti squat can help with this, but I would think your brakes are just too strong and need to be turned down. This of course is assuming that all else is working properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.