Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KainK
The best way I have found to fling paint is dipping my finger in the paint and flick it like a booger...lol.

a pretty damn god painter i know used to use an airbrush, hold a cloths pin in front of it so the painthits the cloths pin the blows off the pin onto the body, goos way to keep splatters consistant... fwiw
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
1. Should be fixed. Might have been an oversight by me sense I had to refill out my set-up sheet 4 times for each car today! Got a bit tiring! ;-)

2. Well now that I measure it again it looks like my shim is actually about 2.7mm but I believe it is a 3mm shim under my front inner camber link.
Thanks for the info... much appreciated. I'm not sure if you follow this thread at all, but us U.S/Clay drivers are really suffering for setup help. Surprisingly, the setup that I finally settled with isn't that much different than the one you posted! The only thing on there that makes me raise my eyebrow, is the fact that you are running 3.5 degrees of rear toe-in. I am all the way down to 2.5, and could STILL use more steering/aggression out of this buggy.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I hope Jorn's setup gets posted.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I hope Jorn's setup gets posted.
Me as well... id love to look at all the 210 setups that were run by the fast guys at the race.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default nn

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Me as well... id love to look at all the 210 setups that were run by the fast guys at the race.
as we talked about earlier, ryan actually ran faster laps than the other factory guys in the invitational class, ryans website is awesome, and im glad he was so fast to post his setup.... plus is if the other guys are running a longer chassis i would much rather have ryans setup
Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Jorn's finishes in 2wd shows the consistency of the long chassis and obviously his driving ablility..... you had to see his, Billy Fischer's and Travis Amezcua's cars at the Reedy. They looked so smooth on the track, wish I had a long chassis on my car. Don't get me wrong, my car was very very good. I was basically runnning Travis' set up but with a short chassis. I basically felt the car got to a point where I coudnt push it any harder with the car being "hard to drive" in some areas of the track based off my driving style. The long chassis can be a benefit in certain situations and track conditions and I will be testing it long next week. For some people, the set up with a short chassis may be absolutely perfect for their track and driving style.

Last edited by hopsing; 01-31-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hopsing
Jorn's finishes in 2wd shows the consistency of the long chassis and obviously his driving ablility..... you had to see his, Billy Fischer's and Travis Amezcua's cars at the Reedy. They looked so smooth on the track, wish I had a long chassis on my car. Don't get me wrong, my car was very very good. I was basically runnning Travis' set up but with a short chassis. I basically felt the car got to a point where I coudnt push it any harder with the car being "hard to drive" in some areas of the track. The long chassis can be a benefit in certain situations and track conditions and I will be testing it long next week.
Is this long chassis going to be something released later this year or is it something that was only open to team drivers and us normal people will never see it?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Is this long chassis going to be something released later this year or is it something that was only open to team drivers and us normal people will never see it?
That I dont know yet....
Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazman01
a pretty damn god painter i know used to use an airbrush, hold a cloths pin in front of it so the painthits the cloths pin the blows off the pin onto the body, goos way to keep splatters consistant... fwiw

Ahh but do you want consistant splatter? isn't that the point that its controlled randomness

Real happy that durango won, proving that it is a great car with a awesome team, my only concern is that now parts may be a little harder to come by with I presume the increase of sales. Its hard enough as it is now!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ryans Facebook post states that Hobbico will make part more readily available and throughout more hobby shops. This win will no doubt increase popularity of the car, and its Hobbicos momentum to lose. Take the 22 for example, what if that car flopped at Spektrum and Reedy.... This car could be greater, just look at the amount of viems and posts on this thread, it could be better. maybe I can graph the increase of views starting today to monitor interest increase... lol

And BTW, you guys want Jorns setup as I did, however that was till the fact I found out it was with a long chassis... Ryans setup should do just fine IMO. I am more interested in the DEX410 setup..
Old 01-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find Ryan's setup. Anyone can link me?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find Ryan's setup. Anyone can link me?
http://lutzinator.com/?page_id=78

I find it odd that some of you guys need more steering, you must be running inside on high bite clay? I have my d/r at 80% because i have so much steering running 4.5deg rear toe in(guess that is relative to the track).
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon

I find it odd that some of you guys need more steering, you must be running inside on high bite clay? I have my d/r at 80% because i have so much steering running 4.5deg rear toe in(guess that is relative to the track).
Thanks. I don't need steering. I have plenty, and yes I run on clay indoor. I was just curious in his setup.
I have found I like the rear hub full foward so far. Castor block is at 4. I have 1/2 oz in the rear, 1/4 under the servo. I just want to get some spring choices.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone that has purchased some c clips in 50 or 100 packs please send some my way, the site won't ship to sweden. PM me if someone has a few to sell please
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by symmetricon

What kind of track are you running on that you need 4.5 rear toe? You must destroy tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.